What has to change in Combine mentality ?

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
We talked what needs to be added in terms of mechanics.
We talked what needs to be added in terms of rules.
We talked what needs to be nerfed or buffed.
We talked what needs to be easier and what needs to be harder.

So, it's gettin borin.... let's talk about what we think needs to change in impulse Combine mentality
I can't say how many times I saw units act like absolute tards or even worse how they didn't react to citizens actin like tards

Meme for attention let's hope this thread survives till tomorrow

Rixo

Headcrab
May 19, 2020
Argentina
<::Citizen, get on the wall::>
I was just walking
Turns sunstick on the wall
I-It's Civil ma- AHHHH
IDK, what do you think?
I think one of the main problems is new players who don't understand rules and go CP because they can, I mean, we all were like them, so IDK if it's a problem.

Reactions: Cheggers21
More pincer shit.

Some maps have VERY wide flanking routes. Do a simple countdown to a two sided push.

(Lol doesn't work on like 2 maps doe/ only on specific spots)

Act opressive. Drop the OOC cool guy.
If citizens try to take it OOC. Don't listen. They are just sad they have to sit in timeout for 5 minutes because they called you a
'FUCKING LOSER FUCK UU' and threw a can in your direction.

𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚒

Houndeye
Apr 18, 2020
Valhalla.
Panel
View
CP's act as cod players after i3. You learn to stop bothering people after the 7th time they say some toxic shit and hide under "its ic bro I didn't call you a slut or a dirty whore for any outside motives also I'm calling admin for false arrest even though I just went through very detailed /me's of beating the shit out of one of your units bro"
(Exaggerated, kinda, but the point should get across)

Changing CP mentality is good, but people will just as soon swap back when nobody elses mentality changes with them.

But also, Making the XP cap a bit higher so people know atleast basic server rules, and then maybe making the quiz include a few more impulse related questions could help to shift it.

Also, Not really mentality, but basic mechanic controls should be displayed at the end of the combien quiz.

I don't dislike training people, but the fact that @greed23 held training yesterday and some of these people didn't know how to use their stunsticks is a bit worrying.

May 23, 2020
Europe, Germany
Panel
View
If I too was constantly under threat of being fired from a 3000 character+ whitelist for minor fuckups, I too would keep that behaviour up

Bloody strict.
True, on Nebulous when there was a sweep and a CP said "You're cute." when I was standing there in my rebel suit. Later when there was a forum thread about the sweep and I said that that CP called me that way he nearly got removed from his whitelist and he apoliguzed so much, I'd trying to get a screenshot of it, still got my Nebulous account.

May 23, 2020
Europe, Germany
Panel
View
Ah yeah no, can't get that screenshot, if I remember it right I posted that in a ban appeal because I asked in OOC why CP's are at Shell Beach. And ban appeals get deleted apperently because I can't find it in my posing list.

𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚒

Houndeye
Apr 18, 2020
Valhalla.
Panel
View
True, on Nebulous when there was a sweep and a CP said "You're cute." when I was standing there in my rebel suit. Later when there was a forum thread about the sweep and I said that that CP called me that way he nearly got removed from his whitelist and he apoliguzed so much, I'd trying to get a screenshot of it, still got my Nebulous account.
Exactly. I'm sure its serious and fun, but they treat it like they're all knowing beings and that people can't make mistakes. its very upsetting to watch people who tried really hard get fired because "haha fuckup even though we barely help you and the guide reads like a fucking medical exam"

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
<::Citizen, get on the wall::>
I was just walking
Turns sunstick on the wall
I-It's Civil ma- AHHHH
IDK, what do you think?
I think one of the main problems is new players who don't understand rules and go CP because they can, I mean, we all were like them, so IDK if it's a problem.
That situation happens to me and I'm far from being new to CP faction
Civies question arrests all the time and that just adds an extra 507, public malcompliance charge
Random searches should be allowed not to make CP's search every single civie they see, coz they dont wanna waste their time, but rather make civies act ya know.... opressed instead of pulling out Top 10 Reasons why you can't search me NUMBER 15 BURGER KING FOOTLETTUCE

But also, Making the XP cap a bit higher so people know atleast basic server rules, and then maybe making the quiz include a few more impulse related questions could help to shift it.
Making XP cap higher just make new players leave coz crafting is boring and they most likely want to go CP as soon as possible
If u take away the CP from 100XP, they're not gonna waste hours of their life just mindlessly walking around as civie
You can't go rebel, you can't go CP and civieRP doesnt exist and there is nothing to do = DISCONNECT

I'd rather have quiz + tryout like training (basically a IC whitelist) so u can play CP as i4, but if you want a gun = get trained

Nov 30, 2019
Bri'ish place
Panel
View
The main issue i think is that
Rebels KNOW that if a CP comes and fucks them and oppresses them, they have a 1 button direct line to the gods of this universe to complain to about how the CP shouldnt of beaten him and should be punished immediately. Its why whitelisted CP's are so much more serious and given more freedom, because players KNOW they are whitelisted and have more freedom because they know A: They get lynched for messing up, B: They dont have to rely on admins all the time

So what really should happen is giving CP's tighter restrictions but more freedom
So for example
I'd rather have quiz + tryout like training (basically a IC whitelist) so u can play CP as i4, but if you want a gun = get trained
This, literally. If you dont pass the tryout you still get to play CP, but if you DO pass it you get more fredom to do things like random searches, public beatings, access to firearms, etc.

ProvingMedusa

Headcrab
Nov 16, 2019
England
instead of pulling out Top 10 Reasons why you can't search me NUMBER 15 BURGER KING FOOTLETTUCE
Happened to me.
Top 10 reasons to why you can't enter my apartment after you hear two people saying "Harder daddy". For all I knew, they were having sex and he went full Karen on me. Nothing I could do because staff would come over and get into a 20 minute sit about how I can't raid without a valid reason.
Source: Already happened.

Literally the TOP reason to why I fucking hate Citizens and the Ruleset.

Reactions: Jax Teller

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
Flop ia a great CP and RP'er, and also a CP on Nebulous..
I mean.... duh, requirement to waste 30min of your life typing an app
Having to learn pointless bullshit coz if they catch you not knowing stuff they'll kick your ass out is pretty much a thing that makes u a good RP'er
Except here half of the regulations and procedures can go to shit with how we handle things
We mostly don't deal with unarmed civies minging, we have an extra of constant rebel threat just around the corner

spinge

Barnacle
Dec 24, 2019
Panel
View
All most of the non-supervisor CPs know is

>Arrests civvie for not picking up the can and just running away, charges them with literally every jail sentence available on the terminal
> <:: Fukc dipstash goin ruge ::>
> Beat citizens with a grounded stunstick
> [LOOC] John "Johnny" Johnnerjohnsonjohnathanjon says: Roll for persuasion to reduce my sentence
John "Johnny" Johnnerjohnsonjohnathanjon rolled 80
<:: no. ::>
Your sentence been extended to 525600 cycles.
<:: Haha. ::>