We Need More Tools for Implementing Strategy

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Monolith987

Barnacle
Aug 8, 2021
Panel
View
Impulse should induce a number of changes that allow combine and rebel unit leaders to implement strategy on a much more free and creative scale. By doing this we will allow rebel and UU officers to break free from what is mostly a monotonous, predictable flow of combat that stifles both fun and creativity from the PVP experience. In order to produce the best effect that is both fair and well planned, Impulse community management should establish three way meetings between themselves, combine leaders, and rebel faction leaders in order to discuss removal and change of restrictions in addition to new items.

A series of topics that could be discussed in order to improve the quality of combat could include, but are not limited to:
  • The addition of 404 raids lead and organized by CP officers
  • The addition of grenades for both sides
  • Buffing or nerfing certain weapons
  • The addition or removal of weapons
  • Tightening or loosening of ROE for CP's
  • RP mechanics that can improve the RP experience but can also play a role in conflict (for example allowing bribery as a legitimate form of evading an IC punishment, or an in game system for poisoning food, and etc as I am not creative)

xSovietBear

Hunter
CP Faction Lead
Feb 12, 2020
City 17 District 47 Nexus

Apr 1, 2020
Panel
View
OTA can already raid 404 with a valid reason, barely happens tho.
Shadow Raids aren't exactly sewers sweeps/raids, during a shadow raid you may only engage once you get to the specific location, for e.x a fort at the public storage or a location of a rogue unit.

This is what the rules are saying regarding shadow raids:
6.4 Activating a Shadow Raid
  • For a Shadow Raid to be activated, the following conditions must be met:
  • ALL items from Section A must be met.
  • Section A
  • There has not been a shadow raid in the last 6 hours.
  • There is an active game moderator playing OTA.
  • The staff member who is online as OTA is the leader of the shadow raid regardless of rank
  • There is a clear target building that is being used for rebel purposes in the 404 ( e.g. Weapons Factory / Playermade Base / UU Hostages / Location of a Rogue unit ) and you have intel on it.
  • A raid plan for the area/building has been drawn up.
  • This plan must be detailed and fully explained to the squad in detail.
  • A game moderator has given approval for the raid.

Toast

Headcrab
Jun 1, 2021
Italy, Lombardy region
Shadow Raids aren't exactly sewers sweeps/raids, during a shadow raid you may only engage once you get to the specific location, for e.x a fort at the public storage or a location of a rogue unit.

This is what the rules are saying regarding shadow raids:
6.4 Activating a Shadow Raid
  • For a Shadow Raid to be activated, the following conditions must be met:
  • ALL items from Section A must be met.
  • Section A
  • There has not been a shadow raid in the last 6 hours.
  • There is an active game moderator playing OTA.
  • The staff member who is online as OTA is the leader of the shadow raid regardless of rank
  • There is a clear target building that is being used for rebel purposes in the 404 ( e.g. Weapons Factory / Playermade Base / UU Hostages / Location of a Rogue unit ) and you have intel on it.
  • A raid plan for the area/building has been drawn up.
  • This plan must be detailed and fully explained to the squad in detail.
  • A game moderator has given approval for the raid.
yes i know

Monolith987

Barnacle
Aug 8, 2021
Panel
View
OTA can already raid 404 with a valid reason, barely happens tho.
You're right, but there are not raids lead by CP officers, who are on the frontlines most of the time and encounter the blunt of the fighting. Officers seldom get to practice PVP strategy and end up - most of the time- sitting around with other CP's. Very unbecoming and underwhelming for quality leaders.

Last edited:

Monolith987

Barnacle
Aug 8, 2021
Panel
View
Yeah I know, it sucks, but a shot that misses is better than no shot at all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Monolith987

Barnacle
Aug 8, 2021
Panel
View
Hell I was surprised that the last time I participated in a big forums thread, Vin saw my post and liked it. So there has to be some small vehicle for positive changes.

Last edited:

Toast

Headcrab
Jun 1, 2021
Italy, Lombardy region
You're right, but there are not raids lead by CP officers, who are on the frontlines most of the time and encounter the blunt of the fighting. Officers seldom get to practice PVP strategy and end up - most of the time- sitting around with other CP's. Very unbecoming and underwhelming for quality leaders.
That may be true but i dont like the idea of regular sewer or 404 sweeps