Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddlesticks

Game Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2020
Steam
View
So, now that we've had a bit of time to play around with the changes to vortigaunts, I've noticed that vortcall has become completely useless. Not being able to use vortcall unless unshackled means that, essentially, you can really only use vortcall when at SB. The problem with this is that SB is small enough to where, if you really needed to talk to another vort, you'd just meet them in person. Also, in order to use vortcall, you have to relinquish your ability to go back into the city without getting arrested. I think vortcall would see some actual use if we were allowed to use it while shackled, as it could then be used for vortigaunts to communicate between the city and SB.

Santos

Game Moderator
Staff member
Nov 16, 2019
Steam
View
I think vortcall would see some actual use if we were allowed to use it while shackled, as it could then be used for vortigaunts to communicate between
Vortcall is one of the powers of vorts if im not mistaken. And they communicate at very large areas

Krazee

Nov 8, 2019
United Kingdom
Steam
View
Vortcall should be restricted to the unshackled, the Combine make the shackles so they are locked in and isolated; no communication or power

nforce

Mar 23, 2020
United States of America
Steam
View
I think vortcall would see some actual use if we were allowed to use it while shackled, as it could then be used for vortigaunts to communicate between the city and SB.
breach of lore.

also most vorts are in the kour'agg group, so we just use /g.

if you're not then it's just tough luck. vortcall isnt used that much anyways.

ROMAN ZOLANSKI

Nov 8, 2019
Pinkslam
I'd like to implement perhaps my own neutral compromise to sooth both sides of the argument.

Building off of what Krazee said here;
Vortcall should be restricted to the unshackled, the Combine make the shackles so they are locked in and isolated; no communication or power
whilst also taking this into account;
I think vortcall would see some actual use if we were allowed to use it while shackled, as it could then be used for vortigaunts to communicate between the city and SB.
then I will advocate for the usage of vortcall for shackled vorts, BUT if the vort sending a call is registered as being shackled, then the characters will become far more unreadable and randomised and thus, although sending out an attempted call, will also allow other vorts to conduct rescue operations to locate the imprisoned vort.

Keep in mind that shackles shouldn't have to restrain a vort's power completely- they should still be able to communicate with each other, but the signals will be weakened as a result of their power being restrained.

Desxon

Nov 17, 2019
Keep in mind that shackles shouldn't have to restrain a vort's power completely- they should still be able to communicate with each other, but the signals will be weakened as a result of their power being restrained.
Ok, but it should be weakened to a point where it's equal to regular talk
But of course what would be it's plus ? Well.... CP's don't understand it, so vorts could talk freely about rebels, share intel etc and CP's won't know
Of course since English is the main language and vorts know it, if CP actually sees a vort speaking with it, he beats him up
but still he doesn't know what they were talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.