The Federal λrmy

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Sheepyk (Silver)

Game Moderator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2020
Scotland, UK
Panel
View

This is just a personal suggestion, but could this group squeeze the ranks to a more realistic barrier?
Not to derail the post just throwing a bit of info out there.

Those ranks and terms are outdated, researching the image it is referring to WW2, now that could be intentional because the Rebels would most likely use older teams and ranks but, A Lance corporal has command over a small team of men, a corporal gains control of a larger group of men and a Sergeant gets a bigger team to lead, unfortunately I couldn't find any image like this that is up to date.

A Lance corporal wouldn't be given the same team to lead as a Sergeant, a Staff sergeant would be higher than a sergeant most likely being given control of a section or Platoon, although a Sergeant would be able too as well.

The ranks don't go Lieutenant to captain, there is 2ndLieutenant and Lieutenant, then its Captain, Major, Then Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, Then brigadier, Major general, Lieutenant general, General then finally (If we are at war) Field Marshal

We don't use the star General unless you are going for an American Feel, Although these do look like WW2 Ranks and battle Phrases and it is an RP group so they can do as they please, I just wanted to drop some knowledge I have from my 4 years in the Army Cadets.

P.S It has been almost a Year since the Cadets last did something IRL so if I'm mistaken please correct me.

Donald Reagan

Headcrab
Dec 26, 2020
Panel
View
Not to derail the post just throwing a bit of info out there.

Those ranks and terms are outdated, researching the image it is referring to WW2, now that could be intentional because the Rebels would most likely use older teams and ranks but, A Lance corporal has command over a small team of men, a corporal gains control of a larger group of men and a Sergeant gets a bigger team to lead, unfortunately I couldn't find any image like this that is up to date.

A Lance corporal wouldn't be given the same team to lead as a Sergeant, a Staff sergeant would be higher than a sergeant most likely being given control of a section or Platoon, although a Sergeant would be able too as well.

The ranks don't go Lieutenant to captain, there is 2ndLieutenant and Lieutenant, then its Captain, Major, Then Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, Then brigadier, Major general, Lieutenant general, General then finally (If we are at war) Field Marshal

We don't use the star General unless you are going for an American Feel, Although these do look like WW2 Ranks and battle Phrases and it is an RP group so they can do as they please, I just wanted to drop some knowledge I have from my 4 years in the Army Cadets.

P.S It has been almost a Year since the Cadets last did something IRL so if I'm mistaken please correct me.
I speak from my experience as a conscript. Military units, ranks and sizes vary between nation on a petty scale.

The image displayed is based on the American ranking structure where the squad leader mostly is a staff sergeant.

In my country the squad leaders are either corporals or sergeants as those are conscript ranks, where as the staff sergeant is often the platoon leader under command of the the platoon commander who is an educated ensign (equivalent to 2nd lieutenant).

The captain rank is for the company commander with his vice being a lieutenant (1st lieutenant) and an usher with the rank equivalent of Master Sergeant with a vice that is a technical sergeant, a rank above staff sergeant.

What is familiar as a whole between nation army structures is that they can distinguish unit sizes formally, and the maximum sized unit one can run on impulse is 100 men which would be a company consisting of a few platoons max.

A company can be ran by a Major, however due to the limit skimming just enough for a group to be a realistic sized company would this be unlikely.

I do understand that this is a roleplay group and it's all about achieving something you are not, however it will be more rewarding and a satisfying experience when you fulfill realistic measures which are acknowledged by others as they are able to hold a more official title to their roleplay. In otherwords being recognized for who they are.

I hope this group achieves this as for those who know about unit sizes would appreciate it allot since they can get a clear picture of the group's actual progress to their claim.

At the moment some claim themselves being generals when they only have a handful of privates or none at all. Which gives more of an impression of a desperate war lord with made up titles rather than a military unit that is fit for the standards.

Reactions: Sheepyk (Silver)

Sheepyk (Silver)

Game Moderator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2020
Scotland, UK
Panel
View
I speak from my experience as a conscript. Military units, ranks and sizes vary between nation on a petty scale.

The image displayed is based on the American ranking structure where the squad leader mostly is a staff sergeant.

In my country the squad leaders are either corporals or sergeants as those are conscript ranks, where as the staff sergeant is often the platoon leader under command of the the platoon commander who is an educated ensign (equivalent to 2nd lieutenant).

The captain rank is for the company commander with his vice being a lieutenant (1st lieutenant) and an usher with the rank equivalent of Master Sergeant with a vice that is a technical sergeant, a rank above staff sergeant.

What is familiar as a whole between nation army structures is that they can distinguish unit sizes formally, and the maximum sized unit one can run on impulse is 100 men which would be a company consisting of a few platoons max.

A company can be ran by a Major, however due to the limit skimming just enough for a group to be a realistic sized company would this be unlikely.

I do understand that this is a roleplay group and it's all about achieving something you are not, however it will be more rewarding and a satisfying experience when you fulfill realistic measures which are acknowledged by others as they are able to hold a more official title to their roleplay. In otherwords being recognized for who they are.

I hope this group achieves this as for those who know about unit sizes would appreciate it allot since they can get a clear picture of the group's actual progress to their claim.

At the moment some claim themselves being generals when they only have a handful of privates or none at all. Which gives more of an impression of a desperate war lord with made up titles rather than a military unit that is fit for the standards.
I understand, I was just giving some information about the British Rank system, I am very much aware of Rank differences to Countries and Militaries, and it would make sense to use a conscript like ranking system (Although Rebels wouldn't use military Ranks in the lore of Half life but thats a way different topic not for this thread) since they were most likely normal Civies being forced to fight against a race they know very little about.

Reactions: Donald Reagan
Nov 20, 2020
Panel
View
SO MUCH RANKSSSSS!!!!! I'm literally not gonna even read 1 paragraph of your description cause it's so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG Just stop with the militaryRP it's not fun......... this has been proven to this community multiple times and yet You! Do! Not! LISTEN!!!!! This group is starting to remind me of America like what the fuck!! Just listen for once, WE DON'T WANT MILITARY RP GROUPS!!!!!

Democracy is non-negotiable

Donald Reagan

Headcrab
Dec 26, 2020
Panel
View
For members of the Federal Army, those that would like to profit in a fast transaction, our interests are willing to buy your vests for 10 000 T.

Reactions: j4ckno