Stop the Safety Jim Menace

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
Title is clickbait it's not about deleting the bot completely (god I wish 😔 )
The bot serves its purpose for the most part, mutes and bans and shiet like that

Except two
teensy-weensy
but ever so crucial
little,
tiny
things....

The blacklisted words

The first one makes no sense
From words which aren't offensive at all
The infamous "cum"
to ones only UK deems "offensive" when for example in US it's just a medical term for a person with

And I understand "owner is british", but swear to god I didn't know what this word ment untill guy got warned for it

I feel like the bot should just delete the messages without the need to warn a person since we never recieved a list of words this bod deems offensive
Thankfully @Raf6 investigates those words which got him muted till April o7

Now if u think that "well offensive is offensive" and "warn is just a warn" then

So now we move to the next point of my rant

WHY IS MUTE/WARNING THRESHOLD PERMANENT ?

I know that "U get muted for longer coz u broke rules before smh"
But now if I post a certain "c-word" or idk post a gif from the browser (WHICH NAME I DO NOT KNOW) with a word that bot deems "offensive"
I get instant 3 months mute

For saying a word, I understand if I use them 3 times in a day, then I can accept 3 months whatever
My 4 warns are
2x blacklisted word
2x memes in #general
One of those memes was literally
And idk, but I think I can get more now, coz every warn = warn threshold exceeded = mute threshold exceeded
"Just don't do all this bad shit on discord then"
I literally don't want to go on any discord and rethink every sentence just coz some bot tries me or when I send a meme from a GIF browser I get muted for the title
"Bro if u been warned before then u get banned for longer simple"
No ? Not really ? 1 of these warns I got coz I posted better memes in general than staff which also did it so it was more or less a meme warn for memes

Solutions:
Set bot to delete messages and don't warn automatically
Make it so warns expire and we don't get fucked automatically

Overall remove all the shit bot does automatically, coz he's ret- mentally incapable to think those through anyway
Except for deleting bad words

EnigmaFusion

Game Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2019
United States of America
Panel
View
to ones only UK deems "offensive" when for example in US it's just a medical term for a person with
I am from the US, and it is still used here quite a lot it just varies between "spaz" and "sped".
And I understand "owner is british", but swear to god I didn't know what this word ment untill guy got warned for it
I'm quite suprised at that, since I knew about this word before impulse even was started, and I'm not even British.

• Wow
Reactions: j4ckno

Jamsu

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 8, 2019
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
Panel
View
yEAH IM NOT FUCKING complainting im just sharing how fucked this can be
Cut the toxicity, please. The thread creator put time and effort into creating this thread with the intention of creative discussion, and I don't think its particularly polite to derail it like this.

Please don't continue with this attitude or you will be getting warned.

Let's all keep this thread on-topic, please.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
Cut the toxicity, please. The thread creator put time and effort into creating this thread with the intention of creative discussion, and I don't think its particularly polite to derail it like this.
❤

Mr-Duck

Headcrab
Sep 16, 2020
Bulgaria

Please don't continue with this attitude or you will be getting warned.

Let's all keep this thread on-topic, please.
if i say '' get good staff because most of your staff is bad but not everyone of them just most of them '' will it be toxicity because i think we can share our opinions

• Haha
Reactions: j4ckno
Nov 30, 2019
Bri'ish place
Panel
View
And another thing!

No lists online.
Which either means that:
1. they are intentionally hidden so we cannot avoid them
2. Vin has intentionally hidden them, and we only learn about them when we get muted for 3 months for calling a hardbanned event leaker a twat.
And whilst i get muted for calling people twats, who is it hurting?

Certainly not the under 13's.
It just seems like a waste of time, and it just doesnt let us talk with the community.
If it wasnt for the impulse discord i would have no citizen replacements, half the friends i do, etc.
And just fucking thanos snapping someone for 3 months with no warnings is just excessive.
Just delete the message, and have the bot send a "uh oh you fucked up" message, maybe give it a day cooldown.
So for example if i spam the word "you fucking retarded spastic" 3+ times in the discord, THEN a mute should be activated
but a one off "haha yeah you should cum over to my base get it haha" doesnt seem to warrant a 3 month permanent mute imo.

Reactions: Twitidig

Mr-Duck

Headcrab
Sep 16, 2020
Bulgaria
And another thing!

No lists online.
Which either means that:
1. they are intentionally hidden so we cannot avoid them
2. Vin has intentionally hidden them, and we only learn about them when we get muted for 3 months for calling a hardbanned event leaker a twat.

Certainly not the under 13's.
It just seems like a waste of time, and it just doesnt let us talk with the community.
If it wasnt for the impulse discord i would have no citizen replacements, half the friends i do, etc.
And just fucking thanos snapping someone for 3 months with no warnings is just excessive.
Just delete the message, and have the bot send a "uh oh you fucked up" message, maybe give it a day cooldown.
So for example if i spam the word "you fucking retarded spastic" 3+ times in the discord, THEN a mute should be activated
but a one off "haha yeah you should cum over to my base get it haha" doesnt seem to warrant a 3 month permanent mute imo.
hell yeah

Raf6

Zombie
Mar 28, 2020
Panel
View
Did you miss the part where my scientifict endevour of discovery, some at my personal cost, earned us a comprehensive list of the blacklisted word? Vin only wanted to make us brave in the face of the unknown.

opiper

Lead Game Moderator
Staff member
Apr 12, 2020
Wales
Panel
View
for 3 months for calling a hardbanned event leaker a twat.
I dont know if you understand this or not but bots cannot understand context, safety Jim isnt a super AI, it will detect if you say a certain word, no matter the context then mute you or warn you.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
I dont know if you understand this or not but bots cannot understand context, safety Jim isnt a super AI, it will detect if you say a certain word, no matter the context then mute you or warn you.
Thank you for this imput, it further proves my point
Safety Jim should
at best
delete messages
All warns/bans/mutes should come from an actual person

Darth Vader

Game Moderator
Staff member
Sep 13, 2020
UK
Panel
View
After looking at this and reflecting on my own not so fun experiences with bots muting and banning people I have to say I agree.

As has been pointed out opiper a simple bot does not understand context and just bans/mutes away when it gets triggered by a certain word. Simply put Safety Jim should delete the message and then report it us the mods so we can see the context etc and take action if need be.

This way warns/mutes/bans are handled by an actual person who will be able to see and understand the context and not mute someone for 3 months because they called someone who broke rules a twat.

+Support

Reactions: Schnuffle Bunny