Shadow Raids 1 month (and 3 days) anniversary

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
It's been a month since OTA got the Shadow Raids and since I don't play that much on the server no more im just curious

Are they usefull ? Like actually ?
Have Combine mains felt the sudden shift of power that this addition brought (OTA dealing with a problem w/o a JW ?)
How many times have you seen it happen, or was it like a week and then they stopped approving any
Still to this day the only time I've seen it happen was the 2 made by OSAS RP Group and nothing else rly

Reactions: The.Frozt.One

Rixo

Headcrab
May 19, 2020
Argentina
Well, they can be useful, sadly i never saw any, but i know you need to "sacrifice" 2 or 3 JW reasons to make a shadow raid, you need many OTAs and almost 1 admin as OTA, and nobody except the OTA squad preparing it should know

𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚒

Houndeye
Apr 18, 2020
Valhalla.
Panel
View
I got one called once, took 15 minutes to set up, completely fucking useless. Not a clue why it takes a quarter of an hour of preperation, apparently something about steam id's? idk. OTA need more reasons to mobilize.

EnigmaFusion

Game Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2019
United States of America
Panel
View
"Guys shadow raids are so op wtf this is so stupid why cant we get shadow raids omg admin bias, osas is led by zeta therfore is admin bias give us shadow raids plox"
>Gets shadow raids
>1 month later
"Wtf why is this shit added its stupid and we need more this is not enough, it not useful"

Reactions: Engineer and Santos

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
"Guys shadow raids are so op wtf this is so stupid why cant we get shadow raids omg admin bias, osas is led by zeta therfore is admin bias give us shadow raids plox"
>Gets shadow raids
>1 month later
"Wtf why is this shit added its stupid and we need more this is not enough, it not useful"
I mean, it's cool that it's added, but it sure as hell didn't seem as limited as when only OSAS could do it
It's like teargas: good thing that could be used for more than crowd control, but rules didnt allow CP's to

i've heard from xdank that admins need to fill a giant log with admin shit before doing a SR or something, also they need to be a complete surprise
that's retarded tbh, log should be as simple as who authorized it and what time it was conducted

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
but in all honesty, if we would actually do a Shadow Raid, it's gonna be a real surprise to the rebels
with how little it actually happens, so still better than JW

Jul 1, 2020
Earth
Panel
View
I Participated in 3 Shadow raids in 1 month and honestly,The only special mission we had is killing a rogue and it was successful,the other 2 shadow raids had empty intel base...

mablightning

Headcrab
Nov 28, 2019
Panel
View
Too much restrictions to do jack shit. Besides, once you see 6 OTA on the tab menu along with a mod, you know its time to GTFO.

X_mezo_X

Zombie
Aug 17, 2020
Panel
View
I have witnessed more than one shadow raid, i can agree that most of the time they achieve nothing other than wasting the current JW reasons, but the few times where i witnessed them succeed, they made a huge impact on the rebels due to how unexpected they were.
All in all, i still agree that they're useless most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.