Rule Suggestion Remove the rule that allows to delete props when shot enough times.

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshe

Headcrab
May 10, 2020
Poland
Panel
View
4.5 Realistic Building
  • All builds must be reasonable, and realistic. This includes contraptions.
  • For example, rebel bases should be made out of scrap materials and Combine builds should use UU styled props.

Maximillian

Barnacle
Oct 4, 2021
Panel
View
But there's this thing, last time when it happened was on a rooftop. The walls of our stronghold were partially supported with concrete props. What did the OTA do? They got mods and shot down the walls instead of using the pipe ladder.
The OTA Have high-tech weaponry, pulse weapons that will tear you apart. little along concrete. also that ladder in garden is unusable lmao

xSovietBear

Hunter
CP Faction Lead
Feb 12, 2020
City 17 District 47 Nexus
Yes, I will waste entire Gunpowder in storage to kill that stinky Grid I1 and then wait at the hardpoint for the mod to respond TOTALLY NOT COMBINE SIDED RULE
So you are telling me that this rule is bad because it benefits only Combine, but in reality, both sides can use it. You are literally claiming that you need more gunpowder (that's just stupid since being a rebel is supposed to not be that easy) and wait for a mod (which applies to Combine as well) to come delete the structure.

• Haha
Reactions: Adsin15

Roshe

Headcrab
May 10, 2020
Poland
Panel
View
The OTA Have high-tech weaponry, pulse weapons that will tear you apart. little along concrete. also that ladder in garden is unusable lmao
You clearly don't know what I'm talking about lmao, not parkstreet garden but that rooftop only accessed by a pipe with ladder script (close to parkvista tower)

Roshe

Headcrab
May 10, 2020
Poland
Panel
View
So you are telling me that this rule is bad because it benefits only Combine, but in reality, both sides can use it. You are literally claiming that you need more gunpowder (that's just stupid since being a rebel is supposed to not be that easy) and wait for a mod (which applies to Combine as well) to come delete the structure.
The rule is bad because it's violating server rule 4.6, lead mods cannot just apply their own rules to the server that are clearly conflicting server rules which are superior.
And it's true, both factions can use it in theory, but in practice it works greatly in favor of combine. You really think rebels would waste entire mag on a wall instead of using it on cps/OTA? No, they would not, because it's waste of valuable ammo that could be used to defend themselves or save their friend. While CPs/OTA have unlimited and lots of it, and I'm not trying to say "Make rebelling more easier" no, I just want to have fun in a holdout operation after building a perfect dupe and gathering enough people for it, and that rule literally makes most of holdouts impossible (when making custom buildings) and not fun.

Reactions: War Crime Crazyize

Swift

Game Moderator
Staff member
Mar 7, 2021
Alaska
Panel
View
TOTALLY NOT COMBINE SIDED RULE
This… is half life 2 rp? Have you played half life 2? It’s MEANT to give the combine a big advantage, they’re a multi universal empire, of course they’re gonna have lots of advantages over some ragtag starved citizens in fancy clothes.

This is a fundamental aspect of HL2 and HL2RP. If you don’t like it, this game mode likely isn’t for you.

Roshe

Headcrab
May 10, 2020
Poland
Panel
View
This… is half life 2 rp? Have you played half life 2? It’s MEANT to give the combine a big advantage, they’re a multi universal empire, of course they’re gonna have lots of advantages over some ragtag starved citizens in fancy clothes.

This is a fundamental aspect of HL2 and HL2RP. If you don’t like it, this game mode likely isn’t for you.
Yeah, I saw multiple stores built out of concrete barricades and metal lockers in Hl2 C17 plaza, definitely.

Let's be honest, Impulse is a Hl2"RP" based around combat and when it was that rebels had a slightly higher advantage over combine (1 shot scoped m14 to the head) it was quickly removed.
There's huge favoritism towards combine faction. Fair combat should be a priority instead of using "this hl2rp, combine should have huge advantages" this a semi-serious hl2rp combat server to remind.

I don't have issues with the server and game mode, totally fine with it. I have issue with the fact that Lead-Mod is violating server rules.

Last edited:

Santos

Lead Game Moderator
Staff member
Nov 16, 2019
Panel
View
@Roshe so you saying that rebels arent not looked over but have you seen a any rebel with m14s? Helmets or OTA vests in HL2 and his eps? No you havent
Have you compared the ammount of rules that restrict CPs of doing whatever they want? For example, not been able to randomly search people? Or their houses? If we wanted to favour the combine we would already done it. We make things fair and fun with the rules.

There are some rule changes coming soon. And many others coming, some in favour of the combine, some in favour of the rebels.

This will be looked at. Might get denied or accepted

Roshe

Headcrab
May 10, 2020
Poland
Panel
View
@Roshe so you saying that rebels arent not looked over but have you seen a any rebel with m14s? Helmets or OTA vests in HL2 and his eps? No you havent
Have you compared the ammount of rules that restrict CPs of doing whatever they want? For example, not been able to randomly search people? Or their houses? If we wanted to favour the combine we would already done it. We make things fair and fun with the rules.

There are some rule changes coming soon. And many others coming, some in favour of the combine, some in favour of the rebels.

This will be looked at. Might get denied or accepted
Look Santos, I know there's some changes applied to make the game mode more fun to play, it's totally understandable, but I just want a fair combat and enjoy the fruits of my labor. You see, many of operations take weeks to prepare and especially if it's a holdout operation. Making dupes that are good and not violating any server build rules take quite a while as well as finding perfect spot for it. And when the day finally comes and you get to place the dupe and start manning it, the OTA completely avoids the way inside and focuses on a built wall (Which we were not engaging from), the mods deleted the wall which revealed us and led to our quicker defeat. Perhaps as a solution for this issue add more conditions when this rule can be applied? Or add a condition that prevents the rule from being applied if the party received Lead Mod approval.
Thank You for responding.

Maximillian

Barnacle
Oct 4, 2021
Panel
View
You clearly don't know what I'm talking about lmao, not parkstreet garden but that rooftop only accessed by a pipe with ladder script (close to parkvista tower)
Oh that place. yeah well the ''Pulse weaponry powerful lol'' thing still plays

Philip

Game Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2020
the City-17 Overwatch Nexus
Panel
View
Yeah.. Haha.. No. I guarantee if you shoot a sheet of scarp metel enough, it will break or have major holes in it, no matter the caliber of weapon. If you could bust holes in props in Gmod that'd be a great alternitive. Until then, sorry but this is the best we got and you'll just have to suffer a small bit, and play it smart when hiding behind your bases lol

EDIT: During a JW I've seen so many time's, OTA RPing placing a Charge or Charges on a Rebel base to blow it sky high.

Roshe

Headcrab
May 10, 2020
Poland
Panel
View
Oh that place. yeah well the ''Pulse weaponry powerful lol'' thing still plays
While the gun is strong, it still cannot penetrate everything (I'm not talking about regular wooden and metal sheets, there are plenty of materials able to prevent the bullets from penetrating)

Roshe

Headcrab
May 10, 2020
Poland
Panel
View
Yeah.. Haha.. No. I guarantee if you shoot a sheet of scarp metel enough, it will break or have major holes in it, no matter the caliber of weapon. If you could bust holes in props in Gmod that'd be a great alternitive. Until then, sorry but this is the best we got and you'll just have to suffer a small bit, and play it smart when hiding behind your bases lol

EDIT: During a JW I've seen so many time's, OTA RPing placing a Charge or Charges on a Rebel base to blow it sky high.
This rule literally applies to anything rebels build, whether it's using thick concrete or a scrap-metal sheet. And I'm not talking about when cps/Ota actually rp it, talking about when they just shoot it down with guns and it poofs.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021
romania (currently resides in bri'ain)
Panel
View
some people just dont understand that impulse ditched realism a century ago. at this point its not about realism, because if it was, the whole resistance woulda been wiped out by now

yes we have M14 rebels with OTA vests and helmets and gas masks, but the CPs have.... around 26 CPs on high pop ALL loaded with FULL ammo and free weapons. its so easy for CPs to just dump 545 rounds into rebels during a holdout, go back, get ammo, return, do the same shit, rinse and repeat, while rebels are out here running out of ammo because haha funny 11 lootable containers cause fuck balance am i right

realism is simply not the point anymore. at least balance it instead of going down the impossible route and calling for realism. impulse isnt and will probably never be realistic, so, really, there's no point in calling for realism

on top of that, for those of you that STILL want to keep on going down the realism route, how is it realistic for concrete barricades to be destroyed with just a couple of shots? whole forts go poof because CPs or OTA just shot a few barricades... i mean, arent barricades meant to last? arent fortifications meant to be able to take a hit? its not just "haha i am going to shoot this barricade with my dark energy pulse rifle that kills a civ with 10 headshots" it makes no sense

and on top of the "rules restricting combine" thing... it's kind of already favouring the combine anyway, it takes just an i1 and another CP to search DA, and just one OfC to sweep trainyard (and there's like usually at least 3-4 whitelisted users on during high pop), other times there's something minor that happens and CPs decide to search a whole apartment block over, say, one citizen that has contraband...

the difference here is that the combine get free guns with 545 rounds of SMG ammo or 330 rounds of AR2 ammo, or 100+ rounds of USP ammo, while rebels get... 11 lootable containers shared between 30-50 civs on high pop, on top of that 3 of those lootable containers dont even spawn anything other than plastic or CBs (if you're lucky)

i'd rather have fun by playing a balanced game, rather than not have fun by going down the realism route. with all due respect, if you want realism, you know, there's willard, there's nebulous, there's plenty of other more serious RP servers out there that go down the realistic RP route.

impulse is semi-serious, not serious, and i still dont get why people are treating it like its willard...

Roshe

Headcrab
May 10, 2020
Poland
Panel
View
-Support

Unneeded suggestion; is not RP realistic; OP refuses to acknowledge other peoples’ opinions on the matter.
"refuses to acknowledge other peoples opinions on the matter" I don't know what are you talking about, I respond to most opinions about the suggestion and give my counter-arguments. Is defending your suggestion against respecting other opinions to you?

Reactions: War Crime Crazyize

NICKOLAS78GR

Houndeye
Jul 26, 2020
Greece
www.youtube.com
Panel
View
some people just dont understand that impulse ditched realism a century ago. at this point its not about realism, because if it was, the whole resistance woulda been wiped out by now

yes we have M14 rebels with OTA vests and helmets and gas masks, but the CPs have.... around 26 CPs on high pop ALL loaded with FULL ammo and free weapons. its so easy for CPs to just dump 545 rounds into rebels during a holdout, go back, get ammo, return, do the same shit, rinse and repeat, while rebels are out here running out of ammo because haha funny 11 lootable containers cause fuck balance am i right

realism is simply not the point anymore. at least balance it instead of going down the impossible route and calling for realism. impulse isnt and will probably never be realistic, so, really, there's no point in calling for realism

on top of that, for those of you that STILL want to keep on going down the realism route, how is it realistic for concrete barricades to be destroyed with just a couple of shots? whole forts go poof because CPs or OTA just shot a few barricades... i mean, arent barricades meant to last? arent fortifications meant to be able to take a hit? its not just "haha i am going to shoot this barricade with my dark energy pulse rifle that kills a civ with 10 headshots" it makes no sense

and on top of the "rules restricting combine" thing... it's kind of already favouring the combine anyway, it takes just an i1 and another CP to search DA, and just one OfC to sweep trainyard (and there's like usually at least 3-4 whitelisted users on during high pop), other times there's something minor that happens and CPs decide to search a whole apartment block over, say, one citizen that has contraband...

the difference here is that the combine get free guns with 545 rounds of SMG ammo or 330 rounds of AR2 ammo, or 100+ rounds of USP ammo, while rebels get... 11 lootable containers shared between 30-50 civs on high pop, on top of that 3 of those lootable containers dont even spawn anything other than plastic or CBs (if you're lucky)

i'd rather have fun by playing a balanced game, rather than not have fun by going down the realism route. with all due respect, if you want realism, you know, there's willard, there's nebulous, there's plenty of other more serious RP servers out there that go down the realistic RP route.

impulse is semi-serious, not serious, and i still dont get why people are treating it like its willard...
And same rebels can easily throw an IED at the Combine forces during the holdout wiping them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.