Denied Remove Section A JW requirement

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
Rule in question states that to activate a JW "ALL items from Section A must be met."
Section A is as follows
  • Section A
    • There has not been a Judgement Waiver for 30 minutes.
      • This may be bypassed for exceptional circumstances with lead mod approval.

So TL;DR "you need 30min before the next JW at 90% of the time"
This makes no sense
There are already reasons in place, the JW ain't activated at random or under some guy decision at a time

Clear requirements

So why is the cooldown needed ?
If rebels manage to fill reasons, JW should be GUARANTEED at any point in time

No point in having it

BlackKaiserDrake

Headcrab
Apr 22, 2020
Panel
View
I gotta agree. I’ve seen it happen before where a JW can’t be called because of the Cooldown being active despite losing about 3/4 of the CP force. I think the reason it exists is so there isn’t constant JWs back to back.

Last edited:
Reactions: nick

Fawful™️

Antlion
Nov 25, 2020
Italy
Panel
View
Yes
It gives Rebels an incentive NOT to shotcop right after a JW.
And as for the "eeeh then it would be basically CvR" simple answer. Cope. Complain to the rebels olwho think JWs are fun

Nov 20, 2020
Panel
View
Simple solution
Tell rebels not to shotcop after a JW
It's not our fault THEY caused it
That's quite a monumental task there, rebel roleplay revolves around that. Basically impossible to get them to stop. Also, there might be that one guy that's thinks its funny to troll everybody on the server, and so kills 9 cps after a JW.

Nov 20, 2020
Panel
View
This is just gambling at this point.
I have better odds getting a green in a roulette than getting a rebel not to shotcop for 30 minutes.

At this point might as well just let go of the cooldown
Probably best to just shorten the cooldown by a lot, around 5-10 minutes. That way there is no 30 minute cooldown but there also isn't constant JWs. Leaving some breathing space for roleplay.

thankfully the rules can tell combine what to do in 50% of the work they do, but rebels just have to wear a suit and they can do anything they like
Probably because the combine have the ability to put people in virtual timeout.

Rebels have no effect on citizens, except for JW. CPs arrest them, opress them, and regulate rations.
I'd rather have one get regulated in the rules a wee bit more.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
CPs arrest them, opress them, and regulate rations.
Arrests are rule regulated
Opression is regulated so much, there is nothing to go around, I can't even hit a dude with a stunstick for no reason or force him to work rly
and we can't regulate rations rly, what would we do ? Prop block the ration dispenser ? There is nothing in the rules nor handbook allowing us the CP's to even stop a civie from grabbing a ration

and all this coz "we can put someone for 7min in jail"
yeah, we can

IF we manage to catch a guy which requires enormous luck and hivemind like coordination to box in the perp and ziptie him, coz CP's since launch haven't gotten even a simple stun for stunstick that would be viable enough to forcefully arrest someone

Rebels have no effect on citizens, except for JW.
Yet it is big enough effect to say this:
This rule is clearly done as a courtesy to everyone else who wants to play on the server.

I don't want perpetual JWs to occur. A very real possibility if this is passed.
Rebels have more involvement in civieRP than CP's will with the current rules
PassiveRP'ers benefit from lack of rebels, lack of rogue CWU's

Maybe some of the more over the top roleplay scenarios like building a nuclear reactor will cause some CP involvement... but for the love of God if u start a scenario like this, don't you think you should give some sort of heads up to UU ? (coz we do have clarification that civies biggest tech is a radio or a TV in their house, more tech is not allowed coz "muh oppresion")

Status
Not open for further replies.