Remove JW reasons

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
JW reasons bring nothing, except hold OTA down
They don't balance things out, They don't make JWs "less frequent" they make them non-existant

The only JW reasons players actually notice is the death one
If a bunch of CP's die/OTA dies/DvL dies thats where players know that JW count starts (and so do rebels)

The other reasons basically are a bonus if a CP dies nearby a checkpoint or something
Rebel intel from what I've heard never actually was counted AS a JW reason, more like a thing that made Combine gather reasons so they can act upon the intel they've got (coz ya know CP's cant raid dick since everything is 404 for some reason)

Some Plaza/Nexus attack reasons (idk why those are single reasons, attack on Plaza or Nexus should be an instant JW)

CP's and OTA literally act like poor people gathering coins with these, just get the one more required before the 10min mark making death of 3 fuckin units completely forgotten (which in itself is retarded 10min is way too low)

So what do i thing should grant a JW ? Higher-ups decision

Yes, a simple yes or no from a higher-up on JW and boom it starts, no CP/OTA/Rebel will know the decision of a single man, they wont be able to predict this, they might even be surprised by it or they wont make it in time to the enderchest and hide their stuff

How would I limit it ?
- JW's can last 30min max.
- JW's cannot be called for the next 30min

And yes you're right... these are old APEX rules. This is how it should be and reasons could be left for JWs (except this time instead of making it take away 2/3 JW reasons it counts "like a JW" so u cant call one for the next 30min (and the next shadow raid cant be called like we cant currently, for the next 4 hours)

Cloud Rese

Headcrab
Jul 11, 2020
Panel
View
JW reasons bring nothing, except hold OTA down
They don't balance things out, They don't make JWs "less frequent" they make them non-existant

The only JW reasons players actually notice is the death one
If a bunch of CP's die/OTA dies/DvL dies thats where players know that JW count starts (and so do rebels)

The other reasons basically are a bonus if a CP dies nearby a checkpoint or something
Rebel intel from what I've heard never actually was counted AS a JW reason, more like a thing that made Combine gather reasons so they can act upon the intel they've got (coz ya know CP's cant raid dick since everything is 404 for some reason)

Some Plaza/Nexus attack reasons (idk why those are single reasons, attack on Plaza or Nexus should be an instant JW)

CP's and OTA literally act like poor people gathering coins with these, just get the one more required before the 10min mark making death of 3 fuckin units completely forgotten (which in itself is retarded 10min is way too low)

So what do i thing should grant a JW ? Higher-ups decision

Yes, a simple yes or no from a higher-up on JW and boom it starts, no CP/OTA/Rebel will know the decision of a single man, they wont be able to predict this, they might even be surprised by it or they wont make it in time to the enderchest and hide their stuff

How would I limit it ?
- JW's can last 30min max.
- JW's cannot be called for the next 30min

And yes you're right... these are old APEX rules. This is how it should be and reasons could be left for JWs (except this time instead of making it take away 2/3 JW reasons it counts "like a JW" so u cant call one for the next 30min (and the next shadow raid cant be called like we cant currently, for the next 4 hours)
+Support

megamaster4321

Headcrab
May 13, 2020
Panel
View
I've tried to persuade supervisors to activate JW when we get like, 11 deaths or such, because i'm pretty sure rebels keep count of how many CPs they kill. Once we reach 3 reasons, it just stops. Then, after all reasons expired, it starts again, and this process repeats A LOT before a JW happens. I overall agree with this alot. +Support

Reactions: xdank and Rend

Kerry Modana

Headcrab
Jan 13, 2020
Germany
Panel
View
+Support

Was really frustrating when we lose so many CP Units but Higher Ups where like "mUh rEaSoN"

Still remember when C8 was completly taken over by Rebels cause of a certain Higher Ranked OTA Unit (looking at you @kingdarkness ) refuse to start the JW cause only CP Units died and nothing else, even when Rebel took over the City he was like
"sTtilL nO rEaSoN fOr JW"

PatchWork

Houndeye
May 14, 2020
United States
Panel
View
-Support

I want to support this because it sounds good on the surface and I see that some of my fellow DvLs support it, but I have a few concerns that prevent me from doing so and if said concerns are countered I'll smack a FAT support here.

Maybe this just me being a mod and having done community based moderation and development over the years, but I am of the opinion that making a change should include taking into consideration how a mechanic can be abused. The counter to reason-less JW abuse is that it's DvL+ required now. Fair, but what if there isn't an SqL/DvL on? It happens. With the reason system we have currently we can F3 the reasons and get it mod approved or just PM a DvL/mod on discord which is what I did before. If a DvL is required to be flagged on to turn JW on then uh-oh-spaghetti-os now the CPs are fucked.

Rebels could just meta and be like "I don't see a DvL on tab we guche bois". Not all rebels do that, but that doesn't mean some won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.