OTA "Grenades"

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Anthony (ATLIEN)

Sep 16, 2020
imagine Overwatch trolling the CMD

**CMD standing on the tower ''

'' Minge ota throws Smoke grenade at him ''

'' CMD confused ''

''Minge ota get away because no one saw him throw it ''

------------------------------------------------------------

CMD : Echo is now marked defunct

OVERWATCH: '' throws flash bangs ''

OVERWATCH:'' goes outside nexus and change roles''

Admin:'' warn him for job abuse and and flash bang abuse ''

-/+Support it could be abused many times

Maximilian

Sep 12, 2020
Panel
View
imagine Overwatch trolling the CMD

**CMD standing on the tower ''

'' Minge ota throws Smoke grenade at him ''

'' CMD confused ''

''Minge ota get away because no one saw him throw it ''

------------------------------------------------------------

CMD : Echo is now marked defunct

OVERWATCH: '' throws flash bangs ''

OVERWATCH:'' goes outside nexus and change roles''

Admin:'' warn him for job abuse and and flash bang abuse ''

-/+Support it could be abused many times
You could probably make an argument that OTA and Civil Protection gas maskes come equipped with technology able to prevent being blinded by flashbangs and to increase visibility in smoke. The effects of both grenades would be severely reduced but still have a slight effect.

j4ckno

Nov 14, 2020
UK
Panel
View
I mean, in the extremely rare case that twelve civil protection officers do die in the last half hour, the rebels are meant to lose.
Yes, I agree with you. But atleast have a 10% chance for rebels to atleast kill a few OTA. I've once killed two echo's by myself.

Maximilian

Sep 12, 2020
Panel
View
Explain more, never heard of a "sting" grenade 👁 👁
Sting grenades, also known as stingball or sting ball grenades, are stun grenades based on the design of the fragmentation grenade. Instead of using a metal casing to produce fragmentation, they are made from hard rubber and are filled with around 100 rubber balls. On detonation, the shrapnel rubber balls, and fragments from the rubber casing explode outward in all directions as a form of less-than-lethal shrapnel. These projectiles may ricochet. It is intended that people struck by the projectiles will receive a series of fast, painful stings, without serious injury.

Sting grenades do not reliably incapacitate people, so they can be dangerous to use against armed subjects. They can cause serious physical injury, especially the rubber shrapnel from the casing. People have lost eyes and hands to sting grenades.

Basically it's a rubber fragmentation grenade.

• Wow
Reactions: Schnuffle Bunny

Schnuffle Bunny

Nov 30, 2019
Bri'ish place
Panel
View
Sting grenades, also known as stingball or sting ball grenades,[25] are stun grenades based on the design of the fragmentation grenade. Instead of using a metal casing to produce fragmentation, they are made from hard rubber and are filled with around 100 rubber balls. On detonation, the shrapnel rubber balls, and fragments from the rubber casing explode outward in all directions as a form of less-than-lethal shrapnel. These projectiles may ricochet.[26] It is intended that people struck by the projectiles will receive a series of fast, painful stings, without serious injury. Some types have an additional payload of CS gas.[27]

Sting grenades do not reliably incapacitate people, so they can be dangerous to use against armed subjects.[28] They can cause serious physical injury, especially the rubber shrapnel from the casing.[29] People have lost eyes and hands to sting grenades.[30]
I read this and i take "Grenade that slows you down" or "Grenade that deals pitiful damage and is basically useless"

Maximilian

Sep 12, 2020
Panel
View
I read this and i take "Grenade that slows you down" or "Grenade that deals pitiful damage and is basically useless"
Yeah, well. Guess it could be useful to disperse crowds by throwing in an area of effect grenade which only takes away a fraction of their health and stuns them.

Rixo

May 19, 2020
Argentina
Flashbang: Anyone looking at the thrown grenade object or has Line of Sight with it will basically be hit with a stunstick for 2-3 seconds, and play the flashbang sound that is in the impulse files.
For the flashbang maybe this sound would be better
+Support
Smoke grenade: A tear gas grenade but without the movement penaltys and larger, black particles. Lasts 5-10 seconds maybe.
About the smoke one, I don't know, doesn't it lag some people's computer?
=Neutral

10tj

smoke grenades in CS:GO don't really drop framerate, it just increases somehow, but that's different coding, vin could put in some different code in for the smoke and it might drop framerate, im not a coder, so I really don't know

this is also garrys mod soooo.....

Schnuffle Bunny

Nov 30, 2019
Bri'ish place
Panel
View
only LDR grenades would partilally prevent from grenade abuse
Imagine if only 3 guys in the entire server had grenades. Nah. literally everything can be abused, grenades will not hurt anyone. Literally.

Also,
For the flashbang maybe this sound would be better
There is literally a sound file in the impulse content called "flash" or some shit, and it sounds like a flashbang.
also also.
About the smoke one, I don't know, doesn't it lag some people's computer?
Does the tear gas lag your computer?
if yes = Then yes.
if no = Then no.
Smoke grenade is planned to just be tear gas without effecting vision with a bigger, black effect.

Maximilian

Sep 12, 2020
Panel
View
The blue jumpsuit can be abused to commit rebel attacks without being a rebel yourself. We should just make everyone a rebel.

But anyway, I don't see how these can be abused as long as Civil Protection and Overwatch Transhuman Arm gas masks are equipped with the ability to fully or partially block out the effects of Flashbangs and Smoke Grenades, even if that may take quite alot of work to code in.