Denied OfC Whitelist Application - killershrimp03 - Jakob Hopkins

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2021
Panel
View
In-game name: Jakob Hopkins
Discord tag [email protected]
Timezone US East
How much time can you dedicate to playing as CP per week? 19

Explanation of previous offenses
I was once combine banned for trying to rouge as ca I didn't know what I was doing and I was being irrational luckily though I have learned and won't do it again.

Why should you be whitelisted for this role?
I should be whitelisted for OFC because I can lead PTs and groups during certain situations during JW's and CU. I have grouped up with many people and have been playing as cp for a while now, and I have a general idea of what to expect of becoming an OFC. I know every city code and command and im very used to using them daily. I have also led units as an I1 when no other OFC was online. I am very good at coordinating and FPS combat and making sure Units are using proper lockdown procedures.

I am a very active member on CP and Impulse itself.

I also make sure that everyone is cohesive and serious and I always make sure everyone is serious.

I have a good understand that having this whitelist is a privilege and I am sure I can do the best I can. I can serious RP and I feel that me being on the OFC team would benefit the team.
Previous experience as Civil Protection
union: I have spent a long time as UNION and I mostly patrol and keep citizens in check to make sure nothing goes wrong

Helix: For helix, I like to play as a medic in battle whenever a unit needs help I make sure I am always there to provide for my team

Jury: I don't really play this class mainly I just sit and interview civilians

Grid: Most of the time I use this class to build structures and gates in triumph but I mostly use AirWatch as this class

(Scenario) A UNION i2 unit is saying Bouncer bouncer! Bouncer! 6 9 Haha. to a group of civilians, that seems to be engaged in jumping around, dancing, and playing loud Slavic music on their microphones. How do you respond?
Firstly I would make sure to record a clip of them blasting the music and mic spamming. Then I would try my best to get the civilians to stay away. Then any nearby units I can contact I would call them to help me with the situation. Then I would ask the I2 why he was constantly blasting music. After he explains himself I would give him a verbal warning and tell him he would be punished for his actions if he repeated such an act. I2's should be much more cooperative and loyal. Then I3's and I4's. If they did it again I would mark them for defunction. If they do not stop I would defunct them or reeducate them.

(Scenario) A JURY i1 unit runs into Sector C’s 404 entrance without any accompanying units during Civil status. What is your reaction?
I would first order the Jury to ripcord from the area. If he does in fact come back in 15 seconds I would ask him why he went into the 404 zones. Assuming he comes back I would explain to him that he cant enter 404 alone as a Jury considering he is a very unarmed CP and he didn't have a group with him and that if he entered alone someone like a rebel could've shot him.

If he does not come back in 15 seconds They would be marked defunct.

Extra notes:
Please contact me if you want me to change anything or add something :)

I confirm Yes
I agree Yes

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbob

valitonin

Snark
Sep 17, 2021
Panel
View
+support I don't see anything bad, in my opinion leadership is something that is shown and proven more then explained. just an idea if the owner sees this, maybe add a temp ofc with not as much power? it can be used as a test to prove themselves, it can be from teaching new players about the server or other even taking charge in tough situation (just a test for skills) idk its just an idea, in my opinion I dont think its a bad resume for OFC

Last edited:

HollowPumpkin

Headcrab
Jan 2, 2020
Mars
Panel
View
Both Scenarios are wrong you really can't ask a Mod for help with everything as a OFC you are gonna need to handle situations like this by yourself.

Also, you did not mention the 15-second rule in the 2nd scenario.

Anyways good luck with the application.
-Support.

Wafflore

Barnacle
Aug 8, 2021
the farside of a Combine portal
Panel
View
While the update to your application was welcome revision, I do not believe it was suffecient. To preface my feedback, I would like to remind you that my intention is not to bring you down but to give constructive criticism. In the event this application is met with a negative verdict, I would recommend that you submit another once the cooldown has passed.

Review:
100 Word requirement met.

All sections contain unneeded filler and situations lack relevant detail.
The same point is restructured and said 3 times in the main section.

Multiple grammatical and syntax errors.
Redundant and run-on sentences can be found in each portion.

Good activity.

I think the biggest complication with your application (in my opinion) is that it does not stand out. Candidates for OfC must be excellent not satisfactory.

+support I don't see anything bad, in my opinion leadership is something that is shown and proven more then explained. just an idea if the owner sees this, maybe add a temp ofc with not as much power? it can be used as a test to prove themselves, it can be from teaching new players about the server or other even taking charge in tough situation (just a test for skills) idk its just an idea, in my opinion I dont think its a bad resume for OFC
Units prove themselves on the ground as i1s. They should have played the rank long enough and well enough to distinguish themselves before requesting OfC staff duty. I do not believe this is a necessary edition.

Suggested Revisions:
- Grammar, structure
- Removal of unecessary details
- Provide more in depth answers to the questions presented by the form. For example, what charges would you give the citizens you may arrest in situation one? Would you arrest any? How would you proceed?

Overall,
-/+ Neutral.

Reactions: Zero_
Aug 24, 2021
Panel
View
While the update to your application was welcome revision, I do not believe it was suffecient. To preface my feedback, I would like to remind you that my intention is not to bring you down but to give constructive criticism. In the event this application is met with a negative verdict, I would recommend that you submit another once the cooldown has passed.

Review:

Good activity.

I think the biggest complication with your application (in my opinion) is that it does not stand out. Candidates for OfC must be excellent not satisfactory.

Units prove themselves on the ground as i1s. They should have played the rank long enough and well enough to distinguish themselves before requesting OfC staff duty. I do not believe this is a necessary edition.

Suggested Revisions:
- Grammar, structure
- Provide more in depth answers to the questions presented by the form. For example, what charges would you give the citizens you may arrest in situation one? Would you arrest any? How would you proceed?

Overall,
-/+ Neutral.
Updated Thank you for the response!

Jul 31, 2021
United States
Panel
View
In-game name: Jakob Hopkins
Discord tag [email protected]
Timezone US East
How much time can you dedicate to playing as CP per week? 19

Explanation of previous offenses
I was once combine banned for trying to rouge as ca I didn't know what I was doing and I was being irrational luckily though I have learned and won't do it again.

Why should you be whitelisted for this role?
I should be whitelisted for OFC because I can lead PTs and groups during certain situations during JW's and CU. I have grouped up with many people and have been playing as cp for a while now, and I have a general idea of what to expect of becoming an OFC. I know every city code and command and im very used to using them daily. I have also led units as an I1 when no other OFC was online. I am very good at coordinating and FPS combat and making sure Units are using proper lockdown procedures.

I have a good understand that having this whitelist is a privilege and I am sure I can do the best I can. I can serious RP and I feel that me being on the OFC team would benefit the team.
Previous experience as Civil Protection
union: I have spent a long time as UNION and I mostly patrol and keep citizens in check to make sure nothing goes wrong

Helix: For helix, I like to play as a medic in battle whenever a unit needs help I make sure I am always there to provide for my team

Jury: I don't really play this class mainly I just sit and interview civilians

Grid: Most of the time I use this class to build structures and gates in triumph but I mostly use AirWatch as this class

(Scenario) A UNION i2 unit is saying Bouncer bouncer! Bouncer! 6 9 Haha. to a group of civilians, that seems to be engaged in jumping around, dancing, and playing loud Slavic music on their microphones. How do you respond?
Firstly I would make sure to record a clip of them blasting the music and mic spamming. Then I would try my best to get the civilians to stay away. Then any nearby units I can contact I would call them to help me with the situation. Then I would ask the I2 why he was constantly blasting music. After he explains himself I would give him a verbal warning and tell him he would be punished for his actions if he repeated such an act. I2's should be much more cooperative and loyal. Then I3's and I4's. If they did it again I would mark them for defunction. If they do not stop I would defunct them or reeducate them.

(Scenario) A JURY i1 unit runs into Sector C’s 404 entrance without any accompanying units during Civil status. What is your reaction?
I would first order the Jury to ripcord from the area. If he does in fact come back in 15 seconds I would ask him why he went into the 404 zones. Assuming he comes back I would explain to him that he cant enter 404 alone as a Jury considering he is a very unarmed CP and he didn't have a group with him and that if he entered alone someone like a rebel could've shot him.

If he does not come back in 15 seconds They would be marked defunct.

Extra notes:
Please contact me if you want me to change anything or add something :)

I confirm Yes
I agree Yes
-Support

Main section is very lackluster in that, you're stating things that all Civil Protection should already know. i1s can properly lead PTs, All Civil Protection are supposed to know City Status and how to operate during said protocols. On top of that, just saying "Ive led units many times" doesnt give us much to go off of. List of unique traits and then explain 1-2 scenarios of experience on how you applied that and came out successful. It honestly just felt like this is an application for i1 instead of OfC (if it existed)

Last edited:

Zero_

Barnacle
Jun 5, 2021
Panel
View

Review:

Good activity.

Suggested Revisions:
- Grammar, structure

Overall,
-/+ Neutral.
Wafflore said it well.

Aug 24, 2021
Panel
View
-Support

Main section is very lackluster in that, you're stating things that all Civil Protection should already know. i1s can properly lead PTs, All Civil Protection are supposed to know City Status and how to operate during said protocols. On top of that, just saying "Ive led units many times" doesnt give us much to go off of. List of unique traits and then explain 1-2 scenarios of experience on how you applied that and came out successful. It honestly just felt like this is an application for i1 instead of OfC (if it existed)

Everything else seems fine, im willing to +Support if the Main Section is fixed.
Fixed a little bit!

Aug 24, 2021
Panel
View
-Support

Everything else seems fine, im willing to +Support if the Main Section is fixed.
main section fixed

Jul 1, 2020
Earth
Panel
View
About 2 days ago I saw you complaining over OOC about OfCs in a bad way, a really horrible way to be specific... The application is not good aswell... Complaining over OOC about OfCs is already a reason for me to -Support you however adding that the application lacks effort and has alot of filler is even worse...

Plus I remember de-servicing you just yesterday for mingery on CA. ((AKA RDM using chairs, and general mingery)).

-Support.

Aug 24, 2021
Panel
View
About 2 days ago I saw you complaining over OOC about OfCs in a bad way, a really horrible way to be specific... The application is not good aswell... Complaining over OOC about OfCs is already a reason for me to -Support you however adding that the application lacks effort and has alot of filler is even worse...

Plus I remember de-servicing you just yesterday for mingery on CA. ((AKA RDM using chairs, and general mingery)).

-Support.
ok well well other classes have no effect on my cp class they all have different lives in retrospect I haven't done anything on cp i am a very good cp in fact

BlackKaiserDrake

Headcrab
Apr 22, 2020
Panel
View
-Support

Seen you minge too much especially during the time I write this message. As a CA you let citizens into the Nexus then brought one to Upper Nexus and when faced with defunction you tried to run. You then later apparently job abused from Sentinel to CA (according to another CA so this could be a lie but I believe it based on what I've seen) to get into Upper Nexus with your friend then tried to run from me and got amputated. Third time you got BACK on CA just to micspam/scream. Truthfully I do not believe you should get OfC based on that alone no matter how good the app is. In addition to this, you have now insulted OfCs in game. Even more reason to deny it. Adding on again, now you willingly became noncohesive on broadcast for a "defunction speedrun".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.