United States of America
Steam
View
In-game Name: Johnathan Croogey, sometimes Croogey
OOC Age: 15
Steam ID (32 bit): STEAM_0:1:27629877

Out-Of-Character Questions -
Previous experience as Civil Protection (if any):
Not really many leader positions in impulse, however I have held leadership positions in previous, smaller serious role-play servers. The only ever time I've led in impulse is when I've led attacks as rebel, and two times when I led an OTA squadron. Most of the serious role-play servers I've been on disallowed high-ranking Civil Protection functionaries from exiting the Nexus. All we basically did was paperwork and making units patrol. I have led small, inconsiderable Patrol Teams (about 3-4 or less,) before.

Previous Server Offenses (e.g. Warns, kicks, bans, etc.) in the last two weeks [Optional: If applicable, feel free to explain any offenses]: None.

Why should you be whitelisted for this role? (minimum 250 words): I am somewhat experienced with leadership. I have already led small Patrol Teams in impulse, though I do not count those as actual job experience. Becoming a SqL will also overcome the somewhat challenging barrier that is present when trying to lead a Patrol Team as i1, many units do not listen to you, especially those that are i1. Many of my 5000+ hours on Garry's Mod was based around leading. I have held officer ranks in role-play servers such as StarWarsRP, and, as aforementioned, in serious Half-Life 2 Role-play.

Strategizing is not a new thing to me, I have an extensive grip of the map, and I can get familiar with new ones with ease. Splitting the CP force in to manageable, yet powerful, squads to create a pincer attack on areas that allow it would be a powerful and semi-common tactic with me. Assigning Patrol Teams (more than 2 people, I mean,) is some-what of a new thing for me; but I am a very attentive and intuitive person. Learning new things should be a leisurely process, not taking too much time. I have not been seen many times as a Civil Protection often, since I am a rebel main, but that will be subject to change. I'm not a very verbose nor indirect person, therefore giving orders will be prim and quick. Due to my knowledge of the rules, I can train newer units with probable ease, and training units comes first. Ill-informed units are fairly dangerous to the Universal Union. I can also tell newer, or sometimes even ill-informed older units, what things are against the Civil Protection rules or not.

Tell us what you can bring to the table, why should you be a Squad Leader?: To sum the aforementioned, I shall make a numbered list of why I should be Squad Leader (for convenience.)

1. Attentive and intuitive, new things would be some-what easy to learn.
  2. Experience with leadership, involving impulse and other game modes that require leadership.
  3. Forming and leading Patrol Teams would no longer prove to be as challenging as it is with i1.
  4. Ability to strategize combined with extensive knowledge of the map proves to be a good match up.
  5. Orders would be given quickly and precisely.
  6. Extensive knowledge of the rules results in me being confident in my training abilities, as well as my ability to inform the functionaries of the Civil Protection.

What leadership qualities do you have, how would you conduct your subordinates during chaotic times (e.g. Civil Unrest / JW), and what are key leadership mindsets and philosophies would you stick to / adhere to for the Squad Leader role and position?: Information is key. Any rebels that can be taken in, will be taken in (for questioning.) Medical workers are a valuable asset to have, especially in fire-fights. We have the infinite source of medical attention, and they do not. They will be overwhelmed within a matter of time.

It is a circle. Information helps the fire-power, and the fire-power can capture informants.

During JW, the brute force will be mainly handled by Overwatch. Menial, city tasks, will be handled by the Civil Protection. Of which, these menial tasks are, but not limited to:
  1. Searching apartments.
  2. Searching citizens.
  3. Clearing out the leftovers of the Overwatch, in case any civilians retreat in to sewers after the Overwatch got done with it.
One of the main aspects of a leader is to have a level head. Panicking will result in nothing but wasted energy.

PTs would be a must, most of our forces would be focused on clamping down the sewer entrances and civilian populace. Strategic responses would be dished out to any situation that it is needed.

Scenario Questions -
A UNION i2 unit is saying Bouncer bouncer! Bouncer bouncer! 6 9 Haha. to a group of civilians, that seems to be engaged in jumping around, dancing, and playing loud Slavic music on their microphones. As a SqL unit, how do you respond?:
(OOC: I'd tell them to stop micspamming of course, and report it if they don't stop.) I'd take the unit aside from the conversation, and warn him once. If I see him do it again, I'd defunct him.

A JURY i1 unit runs into CZ without any accompanying units during Civil status. What is your reaction?: I would suggest at least have one other person with him, but I won't absolutely restrict him.

You are standing in front of High-Priority Region 1's entrance, just overlooking the plaza passively. The current status is Civil, it has been 'relatively calm' for the last 15 minutes. Suddenly, you witness a SENTINEL LDR's silhouette from the top of your screen, which meets the ground, making a flatline & biosignal loss notification. There is no staff online at the moment. What is your reaction as a SqL AND (meaning two separate responses) as a regular non-SqL unit and/or civilian?:
SqL: Warn them about how it is FailRP. If they do not abide again, I'd more than likely either make a ban request or call staff. (I cannot do much ICly, as SqL is equal to LDR, and NLR exists.)
The two other factions would do the same.

After the aforementioned scenario with the SENTINEL unit, you have activated Civil Unrest immediately, less than 30 seconds (hypothetically) have passed since the last scenario (with the SENTINEL LDR falling). Suddenly, you witness the CA & a MACE LDR exit High-Priority 1's entrance, where the CA states in radio: "wtf who fuckin killed him idiots” & the MACE LDR states in radio: "Shit! Shit! WHAT THE!!! REBELS IN PLAZA, ACTIVATE JW Now! Haha." What is your (long & thorough) reaction(s) to this continued, complicated scenario?: I'd tell them to go inside, first. I'd ask them to keep radio cohesiveness, and I won't be activating JW. I would explain over radio how the JW will not be authorized, and how the MACE and CA are not allowed outside.

It is currently Civil status. There were two BSLs in the last 10 minutes, one in Grizzly Grotto & one in CZ. There are a total of 11 units online at-the-moment. As a SqL, what would you do, if anything, just as a 'normal routine' AND why (or why not) so?: Assign Patrol Teams of at least three, and use 10-0 around the hot spots. Civil Unrest should be applied either by me or another LDR/SqL. PT-1 and PT-2 would be smaller, somewhat reconnaissance like squadrons. PT-3 would be a larger, reinforcement squad.

It is currently Civil Unrest. You are an SqL, currently flagged on, on your unit. There have been five BSLs in the last 10 minutes; a UNION i4, a JURY i1, a GRID DvL, and one CA was killed by a SqL deservicement. All of a sudden, a man walks up to a JURY unit on the street, informs him/her of 2 (two) rebel bases, in Metropol & Grizzly Grotto, and promptly leaves. You then witness the supposed informant switching to OTA. A ECHO LDR states in radio: "WE HAVE REBEL INTEL NOW, ACTIVATE JW RIGHT NOW CA!". Everyone in radio agrees with the ECHO LDR & the CA proceeds to state in radio, "Okay, activating JW now!!" What do you do, if anything at all AND why?: Disagree with them to activate Judgement Waiver. Five BSLs is 1 reason, DvL+ death is 1 reason. CA death is moot, since it was deservicement. Two rebel bases were given by a job abuser, which results in a moot point. We only have two reasons, so the JW is invalid.

When do you believe Squads are appropriate, reasonable, and/or fairly necessary? (Describe your own scenario(s)): Squads are necessary in times of dire need of fire-power and resourcefulness. Civil Unrest is generally a good indicator that squads are necessary. Even if a squad gets wiped out, they more than likely have enough time to get backup and still hold the rebel invasions out.

Misc. Questions -
Have you checked your document for proper grammar & spelling?:
Yes.

Have you double-checked or at least have re-read your application before submitting?: Yes.

Last edited:

ovxy

Apr 22, 2020
Poland
Steam
View
Let's go!!
In my opinion the sections:
  • Tell us what you can bring to the table, why should you be a Squad Leader?
  • What leadership qualities do you have, how would you conduct your subordinates during chaotic times (e.g. Civil Unrest / JW), and what are key leadership mindsets and philosophies would you stick to / adhere to for the Squad Leader role and position?
Should be more detailed, a bit longer.

nforce is a great player and RPer, he would be a great SqL. The application is well formatted and written but as I stated before the two sections I mentioned are too short for my taste. Answers to Scenario Questions might be short but they are correct.

Agree with them to activate Judgement Waiver.
Correct this you moot. We are receiving conflicting data.

+Support

A UNION i2 unit is saying Bouncer bouncer! Bouncer bouncer! 6 9 Haha. to a group of civilians, that seems to be engaged in jumping around, dancing, and playing loud Slavic music on their microphones. As a SqL unit, how do you respond?
That question is about voiceline spam not micspam btw

Last edited:

Santos

Nov 16, 2019
Steam
View
It is currently Civil Unrest. You are an SqL, currently flagged on, on your unit. There have been five BSLs in the last 10 minutes; a UNION i4, a JURY i1, a GRID DvL, and one CA was killed by a SqL deservicement. All of a sudden, a man walks up to a JURY unit on the street, informs him/her of 2 (two) rebel bases, in Metropol & Grizzly Grotto, and promptly leaves. You then witness the supposed informant switching to OTA. A ECHO LDR states in radio: "WE HAVE REBEL INTEL NOW, ACTIVATE JW RIGHT NOW CA!". Everyone in radio agrees with the ECHO LDR & the CA proceeds to state in radio, "Okay, activating JW now!!" What do you do, if anything at all AND why?: Agree with them to activate Judgement Waiver. Five BSLs is 1 reason, DvL+ death is 1 reason. CA death is moot, since it was deservicement. Two rebel bases were given by a job abuser, which results in a moot point. We only have two reasons, so the JW is invalid.
<:: We are receiving conflicting data ::>

Imperial

Apr 13, 2020
Steam
View
+ Support

nforce is an active player who is not only experienced but clearly familiar with the faction, server, and the rules. On many occasions, I've seen him give helpful information to other civil protection units over radio and OOC and I've also seen him lead several successful patrols and raids. He clearly knows what he's doing and he's well fit for a SqL position.

Jonas Savimbi

Mar 15, 2020
Steam
View
+Support

I've known this user extensively and can personally vouch for them. @nforce is often the leader of many rebellious activities and knows how to get people organized and working towards a common goal. He is a respectful individual and definitely deserves a shot at SqL.