Make the rules easier to find

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

valerstein

Snark
Mar 14, 2021
Panel
View
Finding the rules isn't an easy thing to do on the forums when you need to glance over something quickly and you aren't in-game. The only way I even found is through a thread titled "Where are the rules?"

It's a relatively simple fix. Add a hotlink to the rule document up on the Impulse toppanel next to where it says "panel." Xenforo should make doing this much easier, anyways.

Reactions: j4ckno

valerstein

Snark
Mar 14, 2021
Panel
View
HL2RP general. Literally a pinned link labelled as RULES would be plain in sight... but that is just me... also F4- informations and scroll. Dont know how hard that is
Not everyone is in the discord to access the information nor do players joining the forums knows that it's even in Discord to begin with. Also -- not everyone is in game all the time to access the rules.

I don't know why a staff member is opposing the idea of helping new players find a way to the rules the faster way, coz typically when someone new getting banned for a simple mistake is told to 'read the rules' on a ban req/appeal, they have no idea where to go and going in-game for the rules is no longer an option.

It's not even that hard.

F4 > Information > Done

Or

That's literally all you gotta do...
See above.

On another note, when I first joined, no one told me where the rules were. I didn't. My first assumption was to go to the forums. Found nothing. Asked in OOC, was answered with the same question. "Press F4." Got in trouble/banned. Couldn't review the rules. Why? It's not on the forums and not everyone is in the Discord. It is quite literally simple to just add a hotlink to the top of the page.

Raf6

Zombie
Mar 28, 2020
Panel
View
I really mean this in the most constructive way possible, but you're completely helpless if you're unable to find the rules.
The F4 thing is for when you're in-game, that much is obvious and easy. But the longest path you'll have to go on the forums is click on the literally top-side megathread named "General chat" and it'll show itself to you.
It could be easier to find, placed on top of every thread, like every forum on Earth usually has it. But it's in no way tough to find.
I don't know why a staff member is opposing the idea of helping new players find a way to the rules the faster way
Omegalol guilt trip.

Reactions: Zack™

valerstein

Snark
Mar 14, 2021
Panel
View
I really mean this in the most constructive way possible, but you're completely helpless if you're unable to find the rules.
The F4 thing is for when you're in-game, that much is obvious and easy. But the longest path you'll have to go on the forums is click on the literally top-side megathread named "General chat" and it'll show itself to you.
It could be easier to find, placed on top of every thread, like every forum on Earth usually has it. But it's in no way tough to find.
I really mean this in the most constructive way, but you should stop reaching for the little-to-none cons of putting a rule hotlink up at the top of the forum instead of looking at the bigger beneficial picture. If you're a new player or a player unfamiliar with the community, you won't know where to look, and again, not every player will have the idea to immediately go to Discord. I sure as hell didn't, and I'm sure other players won't.
Omegalol guilt trip.
Call it a guilt trip, but I'm going to call them out if they want to oppose the idea of making things ~just~ a bit easier for the "helpless."

Santos

Game Moderator
Staff member
Nov 16, 2019
Panel
View
Not everyone is in the discord to access the information nor do players joining the forums knows that it's even in Discord to begin with. Also -- not everyone is in game all the time to access the rules.
where the hell did I even mention discord?!?