How does the Viscerator actually work?

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

vin

Owner and Developer
Staff member
Nov 5, 2019
United Kingdom
jakegreen.me
Panel
View
It's as working as we can get it really. We don't have access to the source code for HL2 npcs, so I have to use the limited control I have over them. It will try to attack anyone who attacks you, or you attack. Due to limited air nodes on some maps, and how the Manhack was never meant to be used like this it basically freaks out when it's in a passive state where it has no target.

Nov 30, 2019
Bri'ish place
Panel
View
It's as working as we can get it really. We don't have access to the source code for HL2 npcs, so I have to use the limited control I have over them. It will try to attack anyone who attacks you, or you attack. Due to limited air nodes on some maps, and how the Manhack was never meant to be used like this it basically freaks out when it's in a passive state where it has no target.
Reaches for photo labelled "obama awarding obama"

• Haha
Reactions: Mistery14

Mistery14

Headcrab
Dec 10, 2019
Panel
View
Hey vin, I just wanted to let you know that there's an addon out there called among the lines of "Player based NPC relations" and it allows players to be on the various sides of the different HL2 NPC... Groups ? Like, Combine, Citizen, Zombie, etc, so it would do something like this:
> Player X is part of the Combine NPC group, all Combine NPCs are friendly to them. You could apply this with Zombies, etc.

The only little problem there is with this is that if I'm not mistaken, only the player themselves have control over the group they want to be apart of. I think there could be a way to work around it but I'm not sure.

Not sure if it's of any help but yeah. I use this addon for some private HL2RP servers I make from time to time where I'm on the Union's side for example.

vin

Owner and Developer
Staff member
Nov 5, 2019
United Kingdom
jakegreen.me
Panel
View
Hey vin, I just wanted to let you know that there's an addon out there called among the lines of "Player based NPC relations" and it allows players to be on the various sides of the different HL2 NPC... Groups ? Like, Combine, Citizen, Zombie, etc, so it would do something like this:
> Player X is part of the Combine NPC group, all Combine NPCs are friendly to them. You could apply this with Zombies, etc.

The only little problem there is with this is that if I'm not mistaken, only the player themselves have control over the group they want to be apart of. I think there could be a way to work around it but I'm not sure.

Not sure if it's of any help but yeah. I use this addon for some private HL2RP servers I make from time to time where I'm on the Union's side for example.
all the stuff in impulse is custom made, and we already use relations in impulse. for example, thats how the manhack is friendly to combine and only attacks those who attack you. thanks anyway.

Reactions: EnigmaFusion

nonpagoaffitto1

Barnacle
Nov 25, 2020
Italy
Panel
View
Thanks for the answer Vin! That was what i was looking for.