How does changing sentence time work?

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Salandar

Snark
May 10, 2021
Panel
View
Alright, so lets say I'm in the prison and someone is acting non-cohesive, or yelling rebel stuff or whatever it is and I want to extend their sentence.

So I go into the terminal and go into Conv. index. Go over the prisoners profile thing and press edit sentence
(Profile thing look like this):

Name: John Smith
Cycles issued: 5
Sentence remaining: 3
Cell: 1

Once I press edit sentence it says "Enter the new sentence lenght in cycles below, *The new lenght will take affect from the original arrest time"
Does this mean that if I put in 1 for example, do his cycles go to 7 since it takes affect from the original time? Or to 5 since I put in 2? I'm quite confused on this and any help would be really nice

Boogeyman

Hunter
Feb 12, 2020
The number you put will be the new cycles amount.

If the guy was arrested for 5 cycles, has 4 left and you put 12 as the new amount of cycles, he will have to spend 11 cycles in jail since he already spend one cycle locked in.

Reactions: Salandar

Fetor

Lead Game Moderator
Staff member
Nov 24, 2020
Place With Lots of Snow
Panel
View
In the scenario that you put, if you wanted to extend the prisoners cycles up by 2 from where it is currently at, you would go 2 higher than what their original length which in your case, you would put 7 into the terminal to extend it by 2 cycles. You go that many cycles higher depending on how long you're going to extend it. If you were to just put in 1 or 2 it would end their sentence altogether and just release them.

Alright, it was also fairly confusing for me when I started.

Name: John Smith
Cycles issued: 5

So, the jury wants to add 1 minute to John Smiths cycle.
He would enter in 6 cycles. This is because it takes from the total prison time.
--------------------------------------
Another situation.
Name: Jacob Ule
Cycles issued: 4

Lets say Jacob was very cooperative in prison, complied with investigation and told some names. You want to reduce to 1 minute.
You'd edit cycle to 2. This would leave 1 minute on remaining sentence.

Last edited: