Give soundemitter to non-Donators

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
It wasn't restricted back on APEX
It's not really that big of a thing for Donators
In my experience I saw none of them use it, the only sounds they make are with E2 in a form of extra VC's for combine, vort and citizen.... and occasional prank JW
If you say it can be abused I'll say everything can so just skip that argument right out of your judgement

Mistery14

Headcrab
Dec 10, 2019
Panel
View
+SUPPORT

Holy shit I miss Apex, didn't Apex have both BMRP and HL2RP working at the same time? I loved building robots in BMRP and try to make them overcome the obstacles of Xen and trying to retrieve crystals by shoving them in the teleporter. Good times.

JJD00

Barnacle
Dec 13, 2020
Panel
View
+SUPPORT

I do support that we should get soundemitter back in general. What if you want to play a song in a club or bar using soundemitter without having to have a donator with you.

𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚒

Houndeye
Apr 18, 2020
Valhalla.
Panel
View
oh no something that moderators would have to moderate!

i dunno why its donator, i hope it stays that way because there is only so many times i can hear the fucking grizzly grotto song, but thats a pretty shit reason.

-/+ eh

ChadBruh

Barnacle
Jan 21, 2021
Panel
View
-/+ Neutral

From a player point of view, of course something else that will make RP better is great.

From a management point of view, there's only a few perks donators get and funds are always needed so you can improve the server through upgrades/maintenance and development costs. Giving it out for free means even less reasons for people to donate to the server and therefor less cash flow.

If there were more incentives for people to donate *cough cough* Vort rework, then by all means yes.

Rixo

Headcrab
May 19, 2020
Argentina
Giving it out for free means even less reasons
Do you really think that removing sound emitter from Donators will make people stop donating?
People not only donate for having their perks, some of them do because they want the server to keep running, and to be honest the sound emitter being removed from Donator Perks will not make people suddenly stop donating.
And do not come with "they're abusable" because that's there reason of why there is a Moderation Team.
+Support

ChadBruh

Barnacle
Jan 21, 2021
Panel
View
Do you really think that removing sound emitter from Donators will make people stop donating?
Not at all, I personally would want it but I can see why Staff wouldn't for the above reasons, you're just taking away from one of the very small perks to donating. And lets face it, a very small minority of players actually "donate" to the server for the sole reason that they like it, they do it because they also get something in return. If last 2 reasons for donating are Expression 2 and to be a vort that sweeps a broom and gets less tokens than a citizen in rations, there's not much reason to do it.

Expression 2 and to be a vort that sweeps a broom
You severely undervalue E2
Also bigger storage space
And quicker ability to get more XP. (Even if you got everything unlocked, people take you far more seriously with more)
Also cheaper props, great for builders.
Vortigaunt is passive RP. If done correctly. You can have an immense amount of fun. (Synth Vortigaunts)

Also...
No job limit
Shorter respawn

For petes sake, your a donator. Do you even read what you buy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rixo

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
Not at all, I personally would want it but I can see why Staff wouldn't for the above reasons, you're just taking away from one of the very small perks to donating. And lets face it, a very small minority of players actually "donate" to the server for the sole reason that they like it, they do it because they also get something in return. If last 2 reasons for donating are Expression 2 and to be a vort that sweeps a broom and gets less tokens than a citizen in rations, there's not much reason to do it.
The only good perks rn that change your gameplay in a major way are
- E2
- increased storage
- shorter respawn
- no job limit

Those 4 are the main reason people donate
Well that and wanting to support impulse

Hamton

Headcrab
May 11, 2020
Sound emitter can be abused in a lot of ways without being easily tracked, example being gunshot sounds or high pitch noises precision toolgunned underground and made invisible

Sheepyk (Silver)

Game Moderator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2020
Scotland, UK
Panel
View
I don't really know about this one, i mean yeah i don't see why it is donor only but also i don't want several 10xp minges blasting jw alarms and random half life 2 songs, but as you said everything has issues that can be abused so imma say +/- support

SSteffan

Barnacle
May 14, 2020
Panel
View
+Support

Take this away as a donator only feature and make Vortiguant worth playing other than vort5 voiceline because funny Galunga