Cooldown for IED

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
What IED needs is more visibility, not a cooldown

For a weapon that can 1 shot multiple people in range, the rules for it are so light,
they actually make it EASIER to use than any other weapon

You throw a molotov at a unit w/o a suit and drop his health to 70 ? Instaban for attacking CP's w/o a suit
You IED 10 units ? Well, IED doesn't require suits and use OOC ways of communication to coodinate it with friends its all good

CP's need a way to actually counter suicide bombers

Flop

Hunter
Jan 13, 2020
Panel
View

For a weapon that can 1 shot multiple people in range, the rules for it are so light,

You throw a molotov at a unit w/o a suit and drop his health to 70 ? Instaban for attacking CP's w/o a suit
You IED 10 units ? Well, IED doesn't require suits and use OOC ways of communication to coodinate it with friends its all good

Defuse kit for and ied beeps with red light :troll:

Processed_Grain

Barnacle
Aug 11, 2021
Panel
View
You do realize how expensive it is to make a IED right? That mostly serves as the cooldown already, And if they have multiple IED's then they deserve the reward of killing about 10 CP's

X_mezo_X

Antlion
Aug 17, 2020
Egypt , The Nile Delta.
Panel
View
Let me put my input here as someone who makes IEDs almsot all the time:
First of all, the requirement of a cooldown on IEDs is something completely unnecessary, why? because the one demanding the cooldown talks as if consecutive IED attacks happen everyday where you'd have more than one IED detonating within an hour, the time and money needed for making IEDs is already enough of an indication that consecutive IED attacks are just not easy to happen without a dedicated group of people putting their time and resources into IED production, it's not like we have things on a scale as big as Donald Reagan's Armageddons of 40 IEDs being detonated in a single day everyday, you can already see the huge time gap between the only two big Armageddons that happened on the server before.

Now secondly, the argument of "OOC means of communication being used in IED attacks", well unfortunately for all of us, the only means of long distance communication that is considered IC for rebels is group chats (/g ) , and not all rebels have the audacity be in one , or the money to make one, i know it still does not excuse the fact that using things like /pm , steam chat or discord voice calls is still using an OOC way of communicating to do something In-Character, but until there is an actual proper way to coordinate IED attacks in a way that would make sense In-Character aside from group chats, I doubt that using those OOC means would be something considered punishable by the staff team.. since as we already know, one man alone cannot coordinate a proper IED attack since a random time of detonation isn't always guaranteed to score a killing blow against a good number of combine personnel.

All in all, if you want my opinion, a cooldown on IEDs is pointless, the resources put into it could practically be used to get much more kills than the group of 10 CPs that would instantly die to its explosion (this is still excluding the fact that sometimes it is possible for IED attacks to fail miserably) , so it's already a clear indicator that the time spent to stack up on IEDs is already enough of a cooldown, since the point of IEDs most of the time is to cause chaos and huge disruption in the civil status of the city (hence why an IED exploding inside the city is a JW reason).
Also regarding the whole "Coodrination through OOC means", unless an actual communication method In-Character is implemented to make it possible for the IED man and the radio man to communicate, I don't see it valid for those who coordinate it using OOC means to be punished in any way, once there's an actual mechanic for it, that's when it would become justified to punish those who use other OOC means of coordinating it.

Reactions: rhino and Petisos

Jason Dooley

Barnacle
Jun 7, 2021
404 Zone
Panel
View
Let me put my input here as someone who makes IEDs almsot all the time:
First of all, the requirement of a cooldown on IEDs is something completely unnecessary, why? because the one demanding the cooldown talks as if consecutive IED attacks happen everyday where you'd have more than one IED detonating within an hour, the time and money needed for making IEDs is already enough of an indication that consecutive IED attacks are just not easy to happen without a dedicated group of people putting their time and resources into IED production, it's not like we have things on a scale as big as Donald Reagan's Armageddons of 40 IEDs being detonated in a single day everyday, you can already see the huge time gap between the only two big Armageddons that happened on the server before.

Now secondly, the argument of "OOC means of communication being used in IED attacks", well unfortunately for all of us, the only means of long distance communication that is considered IC for rebels is group chats (/g ) , and not all rebels have the audacity be in one , or the money to make one, i know it still does not excuse the fact that using things like /pm , steam chat or discord voice calls is still using an OOC way of communicating to do something In-Character, but until there is an actual proper way to coordinate IED attacks in a way that would make sense In-Character aside from group chats, I doubt that using those OOC means would be something considered punishable by the staff team.. since as we already know, one man alone cannot coordinate a proper IED attack since a random time of detonation isn't always guaranteed to score a killing blow against a good number of combine personnel.

All in all, if you want my opinion, a cooldown on IEDs is pointless, the resources put into it could practically be used to get much more kills than the group of 10 CPs that would instantly die to its explosion (this is still excluding the fact that sometimes it is possible for IED attacks to fail miserably) , so it's already a clear indicator that the time spent to stack up on IEDs is already enough of a cooldown, since the point of IEDs most of the time is to cause chaos and huge disruption in the civil status of the city (hence why an IED exploding inside the city is a JW reason).
Also regarding the whole "Coodrination through OOC means", unless an actual communication method In-Character is implemented to make it possible for the IED man and the radio man to communicate, I don't see it valid for those who coordinate it using OOC means to be punished in any way, once there's an actual mechanic for it, that's when it would become justified to punish those who use other OOC means of coordinating it.
couldnt agree more

Petisos

Headcrab
Aug 8, 2021
Panel
View
This just doesn't make sense. The cost of IEDs alone is enough of a cooldown, and you very rarely see multiple IED attacks anyways.

xSovietBear

Hunter
CP Faction Lead
Feb 12, 2020
City 24 Nexus
why can citizens just kill THE ENTIRE OTA FORCE WITHOUT A SUIT
Because it would completely ruin their purpose as a mass destruction weapon

It's not the bomber's fault that OTA soldiers are grouped in an open area where then can be killed.

Also, you need perms from Mods to do so (if they are in areas protected from Rebel Raids)

Tl;dr useless suggestion, IEDs are already expensive to acquire; there is no reason to literally destroy their purpose

Reactions: X_mezo_X
Jul 31, 2021
United States
Panel
View

I agree, the only way we actually countered this the other day was (with a citizen), we can never handle IEDs on our own. We killed the bomber, and then I gave a citizen 500 tokens to pick the IED up and run it to North Road Terminal Elevator, luckily the plan worked, but it goes to show how unprepared we are in terms of developmental ways to deal with an IED.