Do you agree with this suggestion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kovic

Jan 5, 2020
Steam
View
I do like the idea of a buff for me I favor a revolver for my rebel attack but until thirdperson is removed, I say it should remained nerfed as what it is.

The Pootis Saver

Nov 26, 2019
hel
Steam
View
Revolver was a one shot gun IF you had the SKILL, otherwise it's 3 bodyshots. My suggestion rewards people with good aim by getting them a kill. However, it can also punish them if they miss (Missed? Now your ammo is down to 2/1 bullets). The amount of kills per box you could get with my new revolver is almost the same as current (2-3 max).

I don't see any suggestion for CP's to get a one shot weapon so
no
This is a suggestion to change the revolver, not add it to CPs. Imagine if people -support a suggestion because their main doesn't get it.

Greg Smith

Mar 13, 2020
Steam
View
Correction: One shot to the HEAD, about 3 shots to the body

Most guns can perform well if used in a group. I'm not going for realism, I'm trying to help promote usage of other weapons and other playstyles

But then it loses the point of being a revolver (Powerful weapon, scarce ammo)
That's bad logic revolvers are not defined to always be this stereotype, hell the half life 1 revolver was like that, only powerful in headshots and tons of ammo.

PatchWork

Game Moderator
Staff member
May 14, 2020
United States
Steam
View
hmm

cps dont lose anything on death unless you're carrying around extra items, rebels lose everything

thats why we have extra protection cps dont have

btw smg is pretty good if you can headshot

that is quite literally impossible

shotgun point blank needs 2 shots to kill 1 cp
Losing items on death doesn't address how disadvantaged CPs are. When you die with a weapon as a rebel it just takes a bit longer than CPs to get those weapons again. And, as stated prior, as a rebel you can have any weapon you want. There are multiple ways to get a weapon and equipment. Craft it, buy it, trade for it.

A CP gets a USP, a stun stick, and that's if they're a i3 or higher.

A rebel gets all of the aforementioned weapons. Doesn't matter how long it takes you to get them - you can still have them. Some people have a ridiculous amount of mats saved up and can crack out armaments. Someone gave me 70 cloths one time and they still had 50 more. I have a stupid amount of metal in my ender chest because someone just gave it away.

Reactions: greed23

Lengend ep

Jan 18, 2020
Steam
View
Losing items on death doesn't address how disadvantaged CPs are. When you die with a weapon as a rebel it just takes a bit longer than CPs to get those weapons again. And, as stated prior, as a rebel you can have any weapon you want. There are multiple ways to get a weapon and equipment. Craft it, buy it, trade for it.

A CP gets a USP, a stun stick, and that's if they're a i3 or higher.

A rebel gets all of the aforementioned weapons. Doesn't matter how long it takes you to get them - you can still have them. Some people have a ridiculous amount of mats saved up and can crack out armaments. Someone gave me 70 cloths one time and they still had 50 more. I have a stupid amount of metal in my ender chest because someone just gave it away.
ok then use the metal

greed23

Jun 7, 2020
Steam
View
I guess SqL+ should get one. But it should require good aim and timing like the revolver does
This is not CS:GO.

This is not call of duty.

This is not even TF2.

This is a roleplay server, and at no point should you be able to instantly end another person with them having no chance to react. Full stop.

• Love
Reactions: PatchWork

The Pootis Saver

Nov 26, 2019
hel
Steam
View
One shot guns work when theres RP involved.

"But thats how it is in real life?"

So is being shot by a 9MM or getting sprayed down with a fucking SMG.

Impulse isn't realism, its barely RP. Suggestions need to be double sided
Not every suggestion needs to be double sided. This is a revolver change, which means I focus on the revolver's stats.
One shot guns work when theres RP involved
As if every other weapon here involves RP

• Haha
Reactions: bigman46

greed23

Jun 7, 2020
Steam
View
But that's how it is in real life...?
Yeah, a magnum bullet to the head isnt always instant death in real life. In fact, a .22 round can be MORE deadly than a .357 because it doesnt have enough power to exit the skull, so it richochets off the inside of the skull.

If you want it to be 'realistic' then you need to have variable damage for every weapon and a chance for jams and a number of things. Hell, you should remove HP and instead add more locational hits. Getting shot 4 times in the left kidney with a revoler wouldnt kill you outright, but getting shot in the heart by a pistol would

The Pootis Saver

Nov 26, 2019
hel
Steam
View
Yeah, a magnum bullet to the head isnt always instant death in real life. In fact, a .22 round can be MORE deadly than a .357 because it doesnt have enough power to exit the skull, so it richochets off the inside of the skull.

If you want it to be 'realistic' then you need to have variable damage for every weapon and a chance for jams and a number of things. Hell, you should remove HP and instead add more locational hits. Getting shot 4 times in the left kidney with a revoler wouldnt kill you outright, but getting shot in the heart by a pistol would
IRL you often don't get a chance to react to somebody before blam, and you're gone.

You just..
argued...
?

Whatever. It won't happen, so this suggestion is utterly useless
Oh no, I am not allowed to suggest anything because you believe it won't happen. By this logic 90% of the posts should get removed

• Haha
Reactions: PatchWork

PatchWork

Game Moderator
Staff member
May 14, 2020
United States
Steam
View
One shot guns work when theres RP involved.

"But thats how it is in real life?"

So is being shot by a 9MM or getting sprayed down with a fucking SMG.

Impulse isn't realism, its barely RP. Suggestions need to be double sided
It's been mentioned before in the thread, but the revolver was nerfed for a reason.

Even if your version of the revolver isn't the exact version that Impluse had before; as Greed has said - one shot weapons are bullshit.

Making the Civil Protection suffer and be frustrated with a one shot weapon with "draw backs" that aren't even draw backs that much will break the CP player base. No one will want to play CP.

I just don't see the merit in your suggestion. You're considering the fun of the rebels over the potential fun of the CPs. An unbalanced gun only makes one side of the coin happy and both sides of the coin are important. That is the main crux of why your suggestion is not gonna work is what was just mentioned which is making rebels happy and making CP players frustrated.

Reactions: greed23