Blitz's Squad Leader Application

Blitz0012

May 6, 2020
Steam
View
Requirements:
  • You must be active on the server. Inactive whitelisted users will be automatically demoted. - Yes.
  • You must have no warnings or bans in the last 2 weeks at the time of application. - Yes.
  • You must have a high level of ability when roleplaying as the Civil Protection team. - Yes.
  • You must be fluent in English. - Yes.
  • You must have a minimum of 2100 XP. - Yes.
  • A microphone which is actively used over typing. - Yes.
  • You must join the Impulse Official Civil Protection Discord before & after possibly being accepted for the Supervisor whitelist. - Can do if I get invited. I have.

In-game Name: Edward Krieg* / Judas Cree Churr
OOC Age: 17
Steam ID (32 bit): 158555133

Previous experience as Civil Protection (if any):
As with many people applying for Squad Leader, I’ve mostly played CP and it's the role I take more seriously than others, I got to i2 without VIP but donated afterwards and worked my way up to i1 (currently sitting on around 3100XP). I’m not usually confined to one division, I like to play around all the divisions every so often but I find myself on Union the most to keep up that DPS in the PT teams.

In terms of my actual role in the PT teams, I’ve spent about a week or so now usually leading patrols as a Union i1 to some decent effect, usually not officially set up PT teams so I usually detach the group after a few laps of the patrol routes. Typically, my favourite thing to do in PT teams whilst leading is coordinate simple but effective maneuvers to catch rebels off-guard, which is literally just splitting the team in two for a quick flank or to block an exit, pretty simple stuff but sometimes forgotten in the fighting.

As for out of Impulse experience, I was on Apex and did pretty much the same thing as a Union, albeit spending more time as ye olde sectorial as well. Other than that, I’ve never been able to get too into HL2RP Serious RP servers so didn’t spend much time on any.

Previous Server Offenses (e.g. Warns, kicks, bans, etc.) in the last two weeks [Optional: If applicable, feel free to explain any offenses]:

None. Albeit, I was in one or two sits when I first started playing the server.

Why should you be whitelisted for this role? (minimum 250 words):

Right, so, I’ll start off with my Garry’s Mod experiences, I’ll try to explain how skills cross-over as well. So, first things first I’ve spent some time on various Star Wars and Army RPs but since Apex shut down I’ve been on (mostly PvP focused) Military and WW1/2 roleplays (if you want to know specific communities, just ask below). My experiences on these servers has most certainly benefit my ability to lead groups of people as the primary job I found myself doing there was leading squads into battles or on patrols, I won’t go over this too much because its a tad unusual to talk about but in terms of ranks I’ve been everything from Private to Colonel, so safe to say plenty of time to hone in the skills of virtual leading on Garry’s Mod, from that, I understand how to make things a bit more tolerable for the guys in my team, such as following a patrol route in slightly different ways each time or splitting a team into smaller groups to cover more land. Although there has definitely been experience leading squads, I have also spent a lot of time organising teams to go on said patrols and setting up appropriate patrol/combat areas as appropriate and have also spent a tonne of time running training sessions and briefs. Although most of this was in a Military RP setting, the general principles of leadership and basic planning are the same.

On Apex, I spent the majority of my time playing as CCA, I spent the majority of my time as OfC, SqL(I think it was?) or DvL, leading and setting up patrols plus the odd training session here and then and if I got the chance, I’d hop on CmD or SeC to set up more advanced patrol routes and such. A smaller point but connected to the above nonetheless, I spent a good bit of time playing as the old Police role on Werewolf Gaming’s SCP RP, albeit not anymore for obvious reasons with WG. For the most part, I just did the same as I had learned to do playing CP, just patrolling round the city and, if I ever got the chance, would set up appropriate patrols. Considering that playing Police on this server was basically just DarkRP with a spooky base somewhere, I won’t bother going into too much detail about my experience here because it was quite plain.

Next up, I will move onto my real life experiences. So, I’ve been involved in the Army Cadet Force for just under two years (got held back a bit at the start because med stuff, if you’re interested ask below) this has bestowed me with a good set of skills for me to use when working with a team, namely principles such as communication, coordination, optimism and quick thinking as well as how to issue select commands. Although I’ve never been lucky enough to lead a section myself, I've been involved in them and am learning the technicalities of doing so, however, though not sections, I have led groups of cadets and people for various tasks. Although a smaller point again, linking to the previous point, I am in a Public Services college course, so the police, army, etc., this means that I spent an entire year with lessons specifically in leadership, going over in detail the principles of leadership, how to lead, how to form teams, etc. If you’d like some more details, ask below.

The next paragraph detailing my own skills is probably better covered in the other questions, so I'll keep it to a short-ish list so as to avoid this application becoming repetitive and painful to read. So; I understand the importance and am able to communicate well; I am a good planner and am able to dish out plans appropriately; I'm pretty chill but serious when needed; I'm competent in the principles of leading; I'm easy to talk to and work with and finally, I've got a decent knowledge of the lore and CCA codes, although I don't keep the handbook open by my side all the time, I most certainly know the majority (if not all) of the common and important codes, although I might not know all the VCs tied to them.

Tell us what you can bring to the table, why should you be a Squad Leader?:

I feel I could bring a lot of skills to the table, as explained above and below, I’ve got the experiences of HL2RP and Gmod in general, decent knowledge of the lore, the leading and planning ability as well as a decent role play ability. I also understand how to balance appropriately, such as not forcing my subordinates into the same roles 24/7 and allowing the rebels to have a bit of fun too, so things like not locking down the GG all the time (even us CPs don’t like standing there and getting berated all the time) also ensuring needless or overtly long JWs don’t happen is highly important. I’m also fairly well-educated in the codes and language of CPs, allowing me to add to the RP experience of others around me.

I think the most important thing I bring to the table is communication. Communication is key and it's often lost on the server, especially between CPs and OTA. People tend to go “the CPs have no say - JW NOW!” a lot, and, although lore-wise that may be the case, it might not be as such on the server. Four reasons means a JW,yeah, but they have to be four good and still applying reasons, those four CPs who died twenty minutes ago to that rebel base we killed isn’t a good reason, although some people cling to these reasons for ages. I should also note that sometimes pointless reasons are counted, why count the rebels we just killed as a reason? They’re dead, that just leads to a JW where nothing interesting or beneficial to RP happens. Improving communication in general as well as in between CPs and OTA would vastly improve the quality of life for both CPs, OTA and Citizens.

Planning will usually fail without communication, I am pretty good at both, they go hand in hand. These two important key skills will enable me as a squad leader to improve the skill set of the CP force as well as improve the efficiency of JWs and other operations. Following the skill set point, I’d also like to be able to train or give on the job training for lower ranking CPs or new players to help them fit in better.

Last edited:

Blitz0012

May 6, 2020
Steam
View
What leadership qualities do you have, how would you conduct your subordinates during chaotic times (e.g. Civil Unrest / JW), and what are key leadership mindsets and philosophies would you stick to / adhere to for the Squad Leader role and position?:

As stated before, I’ve been well taught in the principles and core areas of leadership. This includes basic principles such as: communication which speaks for itself; cooperation, cooperating with other PT teams is essential to achieve full coverage of the city; optimism, my PT team will run off without a bit of support; quick thinking, the city is cramped if a PT leader or any CP can’t make decisions quickly, he gets got and if a leader is setting up PT teams, he can’t take hold up the CP teams in the nexus for ages; criticism, I can both take criticism and give it to someone in a constructive manner, essential for improving the skill and knowledge bank of the CPs as a whole and finally, I find it very easy to adapt to situations which is very useful considering the constantly changing tactics of the rebels using guerrilla tactics (or no tactics) to attack us. Certainly my strong points in leadership are communication and planning, being able to communicate well is the basis for everything and being able to communicate with everyone (from the young kids in Cadets to the adult Instructors) is essential. The ability to set out a concise, simple but effective plan is greatly appreciated by those doing the work but is also required for any plan to work and be effective. I find one important rule to take into account is the semi-serious nature of the server, although I might like to do more serious roleplay when possible my team might not, so I shouldn’t bore them to death with it.

To take two examples CU and JW, in times of Civil Unrest, I would not pull all the CPs off the street to plan anything large, I’d have to keep them on the street to prevent unrest. I’d go around and gather up CPs to form patrol teams and assign routes outside, this both allows me to work without jeopardising stability and giving rebels a chance but it also allows me to get a better picture of the situation in the city as it changes. This would most likely mean Patrol Teams of the CZ, GG and Lower Assembly then a separate PT of the Plaza, Train Station and Upper Assembly, if possible, I’d set up a response team and possibly a team on the catwalks. I’d attach to either the response team or just roam alone(if safe to do so) to ensure teams are alright. I could also do this in Civil although then I might be able to do proper planning beforehand.

In a Judgement Waiver, I find planning tends to go out the window when the OTA steps in. This is greatly annoying because the CPs spend half their time going “wait no don’t RDM that citizen” or just following the OTA to whatever base is next. As such, I would quite like to be able to pull all units into the Nexus to set up a proper plan for a JW, even in CU as a JW is a bit more important, of course, the plan will be made and issued quickly, concisely and understandably as well as not being over complex. In conjunction with the OTA leaders, we could easily set up CP teams to patrol the city and ensure citizens are inside as well as have officers sweep 404 zones and search or raid rebel bases in support of the OTA hitting the main rebel strongpoints, could even have multiple raids at the same/similar time if we have enough units. This is beneficial in two main ways: the rebels get shot effectively and are less likely to escape to other bases and the citizens in the city actually get punished in the JW, rather than be able to run around as all the CP/OTA are in the sewers/beach but also don’t just get KOS’d if they’re outside.

In both of these examples you can see adaptability used, in a CU I wouldn’t call everyone in to make a big plan, but in a JW I would because it's more useful than not doing one. Both also involve a great deal of planning being done, which PT team might I arrange first in CU? Well, the one in the hot zones, of course or which rebel base might need the OTA as opposed to the CPs or both? The biggest or most dangerous one(s).

Have you checked your document for proper grammar & spelling?: Yes

Have you double-checked or at least have re-read your application before submitting?: Yes

*Leaving this note here just in case of confusion, there are three of my irl friends who also carry the name “Krieg” when we band up to be rebels or CWU and such. Although I am teaching them how the server works and how to play CP, well, I can’t supervise them 24/7. Please don’t mix me up with them if they’ve ever been particularly annoying.

Reactions: ProvingMedusa

Tim Cook

CP Faction Lead
Nov 23, 2019
Neat-o. I like a good application; ones that go over the word limit, very excellent!

Reactions: Blitz0012

NIKTO

Mar 30, 2020
Hell
+Support
- Based on the actions i had seen from him during my duty as a CP, i'd say he could be a great leader.

ProvingMedusa

Nov 16, 2019
England
+Support
A really solid CP player who's capable of having a laugh, making jokes and being serious at the same time.
Known Blitz a long time and is a good person and extremely suitable for the role.

Larson McFerren

Dec 12, 2019
United States
Steam
View
+Support

In the very few instances where I have interacted with Blitz, he has always been respectful, mature and friendly. He has a calm and cool personality that will surely help him when patrolling the streets of City 17.

Wraygun

Mar 17, 2020
Steam
View
This man does not only grasp the role of being a leader, but excells in many aspects, which make up for a competent leader. As I was assigned to his PT, I had a very pleasant encounter with Blitz. Can't do anything other than to +SUPPORT the application.

10/10, would do mustard gas with you again as a JURY

• Haha

Blitz0012

May 6, 2020
Steam
View
Is pre-accepted better than fully accepted or not?
I believe its the following;

Accepted means you get the Squad Leader whitelist and get trained. Pre-accepted means you've been accepted in terms of the application but they are giving it a couple days to see if anything drastic happens(e.g inactivity or sudden toxicity, etc.) before fully pulling you onboard and whitelisting you.

Pre-accepted is the default entry which becomes accepted. If you get accepted off the bat you're a cool cop.

Keegar123

Apr 19, 2020
Steam
View
I believe its the following;

Accepted means you get the Squad Leader whitelist and get trained. Pre-accepted means you've been accepted in terms of the application but they are giving it a couple days to see if anything drastic happens(e.g inactivity or sudden toxicity, etc.) before fully pulling you onboard and whitelisting you.

Pre-accepted is the default entry which becomes accepted. If you get accepted off the bat you're a cool cop.
Ah, makes sense.