Denied Ban Appeal - cumspigot - 76561197999005228

Status
Not open for further replies.

cumspigot

Aug 1, 2020
Steam
View
Appeal type: Appeal (reject the validity of the punishment)
Are you appealing an expired ban or a warning?: No

Why should you be unbanned/have your sentence reduced?:
I was stuck in a doorway, got arrested by a cop, I called an admin and he banned me for lying and bodyblocking. In the admin sit I said "there was somebody behind me blocking me from moving away from the door". After that I said "the person I saw could have moved after I had looked away" I didnt lie, it was a miscommunication.

he banned me right after a server restart without letting me finish what I was saying

Extra notes:
btw you guys need to vet your mods better. I had an encounter with Soviet where he teleported to me in jail after arresting me and warned me to "be careful"

thats some stanford prison experiment shit

hey all scott here

Game Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2020
Steam
View
No, after 5 people going against your story including me, you denied everything and you tried to manipulate our words, lie to 2 staff. Hell it started with me having to go in noclip cause you were body blocking the door and disrespecting fearRP then you tried saying I was behind you blocking you so that is why you could not move, I wanted the unbiased sit so I asked Xdank to take the sit but instead, you lied repeatedly to everyone. You decided to repeatedly block the door so I charged you with the 507, public malcompliance for not moving and 10-103m since you did not fear the fact that 2 SqLs with smgs pointed at you telling you to move. And now you lie in the one thing that can get you unbanned. There was no one behind you and you made a report saying you were arrested unfairly not a report saying they were bodyblocking.

xSovietBear

Game Moderator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2020
România
Steam
View
SOVIET WAS NOT ONLINE WHEN THIS HAPPENED
It was before. He started to be disrespsctful towards me because I changed his sentence from 7 cycles to 10 cycles.
I came to him and I asked why does he have to use bad words against someone. He said he was sorry and didn't meant to say it in a bad way.
Before I left, I told him to be careful with his attitude towards players, because disrespectful manners are against the rules.
It wasn't a threat, it was just a tip so he wouldn't have to have such manners.

But after that... he started to threaten me to report me over Discord because I "threatened" him. I don't know who's threatened and harrased, doesn't look like you.

Overall, I will let @xdank deal with this Ban Appeal.

xdank

Game Moderator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2020
Steam
View
No, after 5 people going against your story including me, you denied everything and you tried to manipulate our words, lie to 2 staff. Hell it started with me having to go in noclip cause you were body blocking the door and disrespecting fearRP then you tried saying I was behind you blocking you so that is why you could not move, I wanted the unbiased sit so I asked Xdank to take the sit but instead, you lied repeatedly to everyone. You decided to repeatedly block the door so I charged you with the 507, public malcompliance for not moving and 10-103m since you did not fear the fact that 2 SqLs with smgs pointed at you telling you to move. And now you lie in the one thing that can get you unbanned. There was no one behind you and you made a report saying you were arrested unfairly not a report saying they were bodyblocking.
You know, when I said to create a ticket, I meant it. It wasn’t to taunt you and assert dominance, it was so you could assert your points directly to the lead moderation team and make sure our staff team can improve. And I can understand your frustration with the sit itself. I can imagine you felt backed into a corner, with an admin, a DvL, a CP, and a recently arrested person who all agreed there was nobody behind you and that you appeared to be body blocking. Sometimes, though, owning up to mistakes (it’s okay to say “oops, bodyblocked, sorry”) is a hell of a lot better than just outright denial. Besides, I think our private conversation speaks for itself. I told you complaints would be best left in a ticket, you ended up threatening that you’d tell on me to vin, who also said to create a ticket. Like, come on, man. That’s grade-school tattling stuff. Take responsibility for your actions.

Remember where you’re at: an HL2RP server. Earth’s been totally Combine-controlled, and the resistance is at low morale. As a Citizen, you go hungry, you’re constantly oppressed, searched, and harassed by CPs. That’s how it is.

The ban is 6 days. It was given to you because of your record and because of your behavior during/after the sit.

Here’s what I personally recommend: take some time to chill out and try out other Serious RP servers. See if you can do the same sort of stuff as your character on aurora, nebulous, or Singularity and see what ICly happens. See what else is out there, what other server’s rulesets are like, and come back with a clear mind, and you’ll probably be better for it.

Just follow the rules when you come back, ask staff for clarification with anything and to report rule breaking. I’m not gonna take anything personally, and I’ll continue doing my job the next time we meet on impulse’s services. Hope to see you soon.

• Love
Reactions: PatchWork

Larson McFerren

Lead Game Moderator
Staff member
Dec 12, 2019
United States
Steam
View
Extra notes:
btw you guys need to vet your mods better. I had an encounter with Soviet where he teleported to me in jail after arresting me and warned me to "be careful"

thats some stanford prison experiment shit
I am very vicious against staff who break rules or use their powers to abuse. If you feel that a staff member has done something wrong, you can file a ticket. Don't immediately go to vin claiming to be friends with him just to complain about an issue he doesn't handle. Lead Mods are always willing to work with anyone with hard evidence against a staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.