Rule Suggestion Allow random searches

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.

Desxon

Hunter
Nov 17, 2019
BUT WHY WOULD AN OPPRESIVE ALIEN DICTATORSHIP SEARCH ME WHEN THERE IS COMPLETELY NO REASON TO ???
Because it can, fuck you civie, go eat a shoelace or something coz u aint gettin rations

Civies use this rule to avoid getting searched
CP's use this rule to avoid doing their god damn job

Will it cause ppl getting searched every 5s ? Hell nah, even now when 10 civies leave 404 they don't get searched lmao
CP's don't have the time to search y'all, the only limit there should be is that CP's can't "spam search" the same person coz
a) that's stupid
b) clearly the CP has it in for the civie and wants to fuck him over by constatly searching him over and over again (did i ever tell you the definition of insanity ????)

By default this would also make checkpoint actually be able to ya know c h e c k citizens ?

Rebels already have all their enderchests within the depths of 404 so they won't even be a problem with the ability to randomly select them for a search since ya know they can dip their items in the chest before leaving

CONS:
- can't use OOC rules in IC situation :(
- tryhards CP's might overuse it, but look at the underlined part
- one step further forwards CP's being free to do their job 😤 😤 😤 😤 😤 😤

ThePanMan

Game Moderator
Staff member
Nov 23, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Panel
View
I like this,you are in a planet where a massive alien empire is trying to rip you off,random searches would be part of the lore too

adm

Zombie
Nov 23, 2020
United States
Panel
View
Yeah searching someone should be allowed at pretty much all times in my opinion. I think its safe to say that the UU doesn't trust the civilian populace. I understand the rule is in place to prevent meta-game or mingery or something like that.

• Love
Reactions: Schnuffle Bunny

Raf6

Zombie
Mar 28, 2020
Panel
View
I want the rebel mains to explain why some feel the need to carry their expensive shotgun, Overwatch vest, Mk helmet and 10 boxes of .357 ammo through the city-above and risk CPs finding their items instead of only using them when shotcopping. I can almost guarantee it's because "the CPs aren't allowed by the rules of the server to search randomly, so I know I'm safe".
Tell you all what. The rules for Civil Unrest city code state that CPs may search people on reasonable suspicion. How about we flip it so that Civil Unrest gives the added fear of being picked out for random search and the proper thing to do during Civil while carrying contra would be not acting shady enough to become suspicious.

Reactions: SammyZZ

Rixo

Headcrab
May 19, 2020
Argentina
Yes
It matches with the lore and it could be exciting to be a Rebel and try to avoid CPs to not be searched.

Nezoose

Headcrab
Aug 6, 2020
Panel
View
+Support Makes sense lots of sense. Why does a alien empire who took over the planet and does normal searches on homes not randomly search people in the streets?

Nov 26, 2019
hel
Panel
View
why would people report a search when there is no specified reasons CP's need for it to happen ?
because you can

The amount of nerves and time wasted over CPs just random searching you over anything is going to be immense, so will be the amount of F3 complaints.

A giant point people seem to be missing here is that this is a game. Of course we could make it so you can only craft basic pipe guns, can get searched anytime a CP wants, extremely difficult to survive... But would it be fun?

Instead of adding that, make it so that if the RP situation is valid, random searches are allowed (For example: A citizen acting very suspiciously and cautiously after coming out of industrial zone warrants a search). However, even then F3 reports will still come.

good argument lets talk again sometime
To quote that one anime no one likes