Denied AD raid cooldown

• You have no Steam account connected! You will not be able to use all sections of this site unless you connect it. Click here to connect it.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M0orshu

Barnacle
Aug 6, 2020
Panel
View
There really shouldn't be an issue, if you think about it you can set up ambushs for the sweep team(s). Then you get a good attack in, since you know there will be a hell of a lot of CP's. Not to mention you could literally, h i d e. Not only does this rule (as it is) give Civil Protection minor leverage, but it makes combat more fun, and keeps combat out in the open. By keeping combat open, I mean not rebels hiding behind a cornor and cement barricades.

Last edited:

X_mezo_X

Antlion
Aug 17, 2020
Egypt , The Nile Delta.
Panel
View
There's no metabase on D47. There's meta protected spots on D47, but none in the 404 zone. People learnt how to cope with that, they're going to have to learn to cope with this rule.
Here's one good reason why it wasn't as bad as city24 abandoned metro, the freightyard/canal area provided both a few good places to hide at as well as a way to exit the 404 before the combine arrived, meanwhile in city24? Sure there are spots to hide at, but most are kinda obsolete and Your best hope of survival is combine soldiers being blind .. To make matters worse, without the elevators, the one and only way for rebels to exit the city is as good as gone with the AD being swarmed quickly at the beginning of JWs, you have to be extremely lucky to be able to exit the abandoned metro without being shot dead because most combine players don't want to drag you through the ladders..
I do agree that the AD shouldn't be this big safe haven for rebels, but at the same time there needs to be some bit of a breathing space for people in there at least until the elevator problems get fixed.

Reactions: xdank

X_mezo_X

Antlion
Aug 17, 2020
Egypt , The Nile Delta.
Panel
View
Is legit a skill issue, yes stunstick is powerful but you must really suck if you get beaten to death with guns n armor and all that shit
Here's the thing about stunsticks though, they're excellent for killing a solo rebel provided that you manage to get the hits on him started, the slowdown as well as the flashing effect paired with the unusual range of the stunstick make it quite a risk to get within the range of a stunstick CP while being alone, and those factors are why the stunstick is the best melee to exist.

Randomolition

Barnacle
Aug 7, 2020
Panel
View
just make AD exactly like CZ and call it a day, allow i1s to enter and patrol, it'll make the actually safe areas of 404 the real rebel staging area, and nobody would complain about 404 camping because ad wouldn't be the 404, in fact it looks like a random run down alleyway similar to other maps run down ally sections, in fact in d47 i recall there being a public non-404 area that looks damn near exactly like AD in terms of it being a rundown alleyway, never before this map have i heard of rebels complaining about "404 camping" and their reason for doing so is dumb, when 90% of the time i see cps right outside the door its because one of their mates just died, i'd know bc i got the same Biosignal Loss from maining CP

Swift

Headcrab
Mar 7, 2021
Alaska
Panel
View
I would like to add on to my previous comments by saying that I have been playing a lot of rebel these past few days (as an actual rebel, wallhack vort, or rogue cp) and doing so has only reinforced my belief that this rule is currently fine. When I wanted assurance that I would be safe and be able to get my bearings, I would bunker down in the metro. If I wanted the potential of some action without actively seeking it out, I would be in the AD. I think this rule allows for great flexibility and strategic nuance from both the rebels and the combine. It creates the possibility of mind games (do the rebels want me to start sweeping so they can ambush me, is it safe to go up and look for the BM dealer, etc)

zachun 罩硼™

Houndeye
Apr 1, 2020
Panel
View
just make AD exactly like CZ and call it a day, allow i1s to enter and patrol, it'll make the actually safe areas of 404 the real rebel staging area, and nobody would complain about 404 camping because ad wouldn't be the 404, in fact it looks like a random run down alleyway similar to other maps run down ally sections, in fact in d47 i recall there being a public non-404 area that looks damn near exactly like AD in terms of it being a rundown alleyway, never before this map have i heard of rebels complaining about "404 camping" and their reason for doing so is dumb, when 90% of the time i see cps right outside the door its because one of their mates just died, i'd know bc i got the same Biosignal Loss from maining CP
The only issue with AD is that it isn't exactly like CS, AD is more like a hub for the rebels where they can get in the sewers. Since the elevators are not working AD is the only way to get in the sewers. Letting i1s to patrol would make it worse and then there will be even more complains. I consider the fact that the rule that got added by kingdarkness makes the roleplay much more interesting as a rebel and also it makes it hard, that's how rebeling is supposed to be in my opinion, if you want to take the risk and become a rebel fine go take it but after please do not complain about it because all of it is about how you time the things and how you think it.

Reactions: xdank

NICKOLAS78GR

Houndeye
Jul 26, 2020
Greece
www.youtube.com
Panel
View
The only issue with AD is that it isn't exactly like CS, AD is more like a hub for the rebels where they can get in the sewers. Since the elevators are not working AD is the only way to get in the sewers. Letting i1s to patrol would make it worse and then there will be even more complains. I consider the fact that the rule that got added by kingdarkness makes the roleplay much more interesting as a rebel and also it makes it hard, that's how rebeling is supposed to be in my opinion, if you want to take the risk and become a rebel fine go take it but after please do not complain about it because all of it is about how you time the things and how you think it.
Rebelling isn't supposed to be a hard task in your opinion. The server intro states that getting into the resistance is a hard task.

zachun 罩硼™

Houndeye
Apr 1, 2020
Panel
View
Rebelling isn't supposed to be a hard task in your opinion. The server intro states that getting into the resistance is a hard task.
It is not about how hard it or how easy it is. My point is that for the moment the i1s shouldn't have access to patrol AD due to the fact that AD is a hub and AD is the only way to get into the sewers for the moment, there is no other because the elevator are not working. Rebelling is supposed to be a hard task yes, but not impossible for the new players. I consider that the rule will be perfectly balanced once the elevators will get a fix;

SSteffan

Headcrab
May 14, 2020
Panel
View
No lol
Rebel mains just need to actually stop whining because an unnecessary area (only just to pass through) of their little 404 haven was taken by CPs. Grow the fuck up.
"unnecessary area"

Has 3 buildings that have storage boxes making it a perfect place for trade and there's a bar if you want to passive rp
but you can't do that anymore with the new rules

and yes as Desxon says a wall really does help defend the place but rebels only have so much ammo and if the CP's see BSL's in that zone they aren't going to stop coming in, making it pointless to hold as it will always be bested by the infinite supply of CP's with large amounts of bullets on hand

What confuses me is if you make it essentially impossible to set up shop there then why are there 3 storage containers in the area?
if there's regular patrols then those storage containers would hardly be able to be used and almost rendered useless

why place entities there to make it the perfect trading place then literally destroy that idea of it being used to trade?
the AD also accesses 2 Meta bases

Status
Not open for further replies.